GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures, guys!
I placed a pre-order through wzlucky1983 on ebay and the item changed to "in-stock" last week, but had not shipped yet. Does anyone have any experience with them?

No experience with this seller but I had his listing for this Baby Groot in my watch list because it was the cheapest price on eBay along with loontentoys.
I don't think you'll have an issue, he's sold so many already:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-G...600279&hash=item41c309aebb:g:BRwAAOSwWiBY~awP

the faces, right? wtf were they thinking.
i hope there's a third party for some alternative faces...wishful thinking.

The vanilla expressions were an issue from the start with this figure. Probably Disney wanting him to look cute and friendly rather than angry. Which still doesn't make sense as I have seen other baby groot figures with angry faces ??

But a third party sculpt would be good. Need to try and find someone who would be willing to do it. It would at least be something a bit different for them rather than the normal 1/6 head sculpts.

I think a re-release with 3 new faces would be justified. Or even a bonus/expansion pack with just accessories. HT made one of those for Iron man a while ago.

I removed the PEG from the neck and I realized that he was more accuratel to the film.
What do you think ?
180121034403675052.jpg

180121034403834346.jpg

180121034723869071.jpg

Anybody hear anything from BBTS on this little guy? Seems like it has been out in Hong Kong for ages...

Yeah I'm in the same boat, and people have already received him from SS, so I keep thinking it'll be any day now. But the longer this takes it'll let me bundle the shipping with Leia and Tarkin who will hopefully arrive at the same time. And Homecoming Spiderman. ****, I just realized I'll have 4 HTs hitting in 1 month...

Ugh, I knew the little sprout things would be an issue and I saw a few that feel off onto the shelf he was on. Now a few weeks later and an unrequested dusting and vacuuming by the wife and they are gone, lost about 3 of them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I’m working with my friend HurleyFX for two new faces. He will soon have the angry face available for purchase. Then maybe the sad/crying face as seen in the movie. These will work just like the original hot toy faces and swap out. It will be available raw or fully finished/painted to match.

Please see preview pic here: https://www.facebook.com/Hurleyfx/posts/1598319103578284

Back