GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So adorable! My first and only Marvel pre-order in 2 years :lol

Yeah, Hot Toys must be trying to clear their slate with this sooner-than-expected releases, to give way for what's to be released in 2018 -- Justice League, Star Wars Ep VIII, and Avengers Infinity War. Not sure if they'd make multiple characters from the other movies though (Black Panther, Deapool --perhaps just Deadpool and Cable, Aquaman, Ant-Man and Wasp, forget about the X-men).

I'm hoping it's even better. Maybe they've just figured out how to pump these figures out faster. Maybe they hired more workers or have better machines at the factories. Whatever they're doing, I like it. So many figures lately either coming out really early or completely on time.

Oh, I wish I hadn't just dropped $490 on bloody comics!! I've been considering getting two to display in both normal and ravager gear, and I'm too impatient to wait for the eventually delayed AU release!

Got the email from sideshow saying it's been moved up too November or December of this year. We should be expecting an email soon with a notice. Cannot wait.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

They really missed an opportunity for an angry screaming sculpt here :lol

Anyways just realized I'm without thinking buying the Guardians all over again....FML

Groom has been different in every movie, love that and it seems for IW we gonna get a teen groom at least for part 1

Our full review and Photoshoot of Baby Groot, We hope you all enjoy it.

Really good video as usual. :clap

The stand choice is a bit of head scratcher. But I think I may have a solution. 1/6 Groot's stand has the waist grabberon a pole that's adjustable for height.

I'm not actually using the stand for him, otherwise he doesn't stand upright in a Detolf.

The solution could be to simply switch the stands over as they both say 'Groot'. That's as long as there's an appropriate place for Baby Groot's stand to grab adult Groot! (Though that doesn't help with uniformity if you're displaying all the GOTG on their stands).

Oh, and just because you can't have enough Baby Groot...

Really good video as usual. :clap

The stand choice is a bit of head scratcher. But I think I may have a solution. 1/6 Groot's stand has the waist grabberon a pole that's adjustable for height.

I'm not actually using the stand for him, otherwise he doesn't stand upright in a Detolf.

The solution could be to simply switch the stands over as they both say 'Groot'. That's as long as there's an appropriate place for Baby Groot's stand to grab adult Groot! (Though that doesn't help with uniformity if you're displaying all the GOTG on their stands).

Oh, and just because you can't have enough Baby Groot...

Thanks man :)

Well, getting him early isn't a bad thing at all but I ordered 2. Wasn't expecting both to show upso quick-fast. :rotfl

Aw been looking at the reviews - this thing looks wonderful. I've got a feeling this little guy may end up getting reposed frequently. (Got the Awesome mix tapes already in preparation, but not yet sure what else will go with this little fella on the shelf)

Aw been looking at the reviews - this thing looks wonderful. I've got a feeling this little guy may end up getting reposed frequently. (Got the Awesome mix tapes already in preparation, but not yet sure what else will go with this little fella on the shelf)

Forget the collection shelf. This fella is made for every shelf in your home or office. Sitting on top your monitor. Fiddling in your pencil holder. Peeking from between some flowers on you kitchen table. Holding a bowl of m&m's on your coffee table.

The way the Hot Toys Deadpool can be posed with anything on your collection shelf this guy being life sized goes with any life sized object in your home.

Once this guy releases people will get creative for sure.

Forget the collection shelf. This fella is made for every shelf in your home or office. Sitting on top your monitor. Fiddling in your pencil holder. Peeking from between some flowers on you kitchen table. Holding a bowl of m&m's on your coffee table.

The way the Hot Toys Deadpool can be posed with anything on your collection shelf this guy being life sized goes with any life sized object in your home.

Once this guy releases people will get creative for sure.

Hah! Excellent point!

I'm highly tempted to do that myself when he eventually shows up at the UK-pace, but I know most of the not-collection parts of the house aren't exactly collectable-friendly. (Thinking of nosedives to the floor) He would look amazing with the LP shelves though... Hrmm

After seeing the video I am so glad I got two. One with and one without the Ravager's outfit is how I always planned to keep him. Still doing it.

Last edited:
You know what this set is missing? One of those talking keychain gimmicks where you press the button and it makes a sound. Having that on the stand with a variety of "I am Groot" would be poifect.

Back