Got suckered into collecting Hot Toys!! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plastikcrak

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hiya....I'm new here. Just started collecting Hot Toys. I know I'm super late to the game but couldn't help it. I just bought my first HT. It's gonna be the Avengers Hulk with Bruce Banner. It is still on it's way. I also have the Igor coming. I also collect Transformers and Marvel Universe 3 3/4 figures. Oh yeah, Dragonball Figuarts too! I might have to sell off some Marvel to fund this new HT addiction. Anyone have any good suggestions for thread to read about Hot Toys in general, warnings about bootlegs, and a cheaper place to order them other than Sideshow, BBTS, and TFsource? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I also collect Transformers and Marvel Universe 3 3/4 figures. Oh yeah, Dragonball Figuarts too! I might have to sell off some Marvel to fund this new HT addiction.

Yup, say goodbye to your smaller figures. Eventually they will pale in comparison. It's like stepping into the big leagues. I ended selling my action figures when I started collecting Bowen and statues. That was short-lived, because I ended selling statues off after getting the first Hot Toys Iron Man, Jack Sparrown, and Joker. Once you go 12-inch, you never go back!

Never too late to start collecting HT. I don't care what others say about 6" figures. I will never sell my S.H Figuarts DBZ, there a must for me. You joined just in time with the new avengers line coming out. Welcome on board PK!

Hi there

HT have some great items, when you get 1 you want another and when you get half a set you want even more..

Have fun collecting, the avengers set is great!

Stewart

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show!
wavesmile.gif

Anyone have any good suggestions for thread to read about Hot Toys in general

Blogs like toyhaven, MWCToys, OSW, etc.

warnings about bootlegs, and a cheaper place to order them other than Sideshow, BBTS, and TFsource? Any help would be appreciated.

avoid ebay sellers from China LOL Or any sellers on ebay unless they are have enough info to make a sound decision.

a cheaper place to order them other than Sideshow, BBTS, and TFsource?
Classifieds here, Timewalker Toys, ThreeZero. SSC during their periodic sales makes them periodically competitive for me.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! This hobby is crazy expensive. Just acquired the Star Lord Exclusive and the Mandarin so slowly but surely :lol

Now trying to get 3 Iron man figs (Starboost, Silver Centurion, and Mark 42) before they go up on prices.

You guys have any suggestions on decently priced Iron man/Avengers/Thor/Captain America figs that are kinda available for retail that I should pick up soon before they hike up in the aftermarket?

Back