Good price for an XMen v Sentinel #1 EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radagaster

Trolling the Woods
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was wondering what people would pay nowadays (short of considering it a steal) for one of these? I want to know if what I paid for is a decent price. Let's just say, this grail has finally come home.

Who says I didn't offer burnt offerings? I was just talking about the cash portion. I can't divulge the demonic portions of the transaction for fear of stirring some hidden tribal god.

I bought this about 2 summers ago. I think I spent about $750 for it at the time. I was on the wait list, too, but they dropped that piece from the list. I was looking on ebay and the last price I saw was about $1300. Definitely glad I got it when I did.

for a regular, id drop about $900 - $1000, maybe $1200 for the exclusive

Hmm, thanks folks for your opinions. At this point, I have determined that the price I paid was indeed a good price . . .short of a steal. For the record, I paid $1150 for mine. Unfortunately, the paint on Colossus' right foot was scuffed, and it needs a repaint. I did check that the LED lights work (they were a fantastic light-fest!).

Fortunately, the seller decided to throw in something else for that price. I'll throw up pics for what he ended up throwing into mix for the $1150 price. I have a feeling you guys will agree that the seller's amends was very appreciated at my end.

So . . .does anyone know what color paint (down to the brand and sku#) that I should get to touch up Colossus' boot?

did you have problems getting the sentinel's head on colussus and the setup overall? I had a hell of a time trying to get it setup with good contact for lights, while being careful not to break anything.

did you have problems getting the sentinel's head on colussus and the setup overall? I had a hell of a time trying to get it setup with good contact for lights, while being careful not to break anything.

it was a tight fit, but the trick is to find just the right angle and then it should slip on

I've never had a single problem with my statue. Every now and again it won't light up the first time I press the button, but it will go on the second. By far my favorite non PF and I can't ever imagine selling it (not for less than $1800 anyway :D)

So, as I mentioned, here's the consolation that the seller threw into the mix. So, basically, with $1150, the seller sold me the XMen v Sentinel EX #1, and this.

img00035gp4.jpg

Yes, that's the EX version.

Thoughts or Comments?

So, as I mentioned, here's the consolation that the seller threw into the mix. So, basically, with $1150, the seller sold me the XMen v Sentinel EX #1, and this.

img00035gp4.jpg

Yes, that's the EX version.

Thoughts or Comments?

Thoughts or comments.....

Quit bragging. :emperor:maul:monkey4:lol

Well . . .just to background this story . . .I was in the hunt for the Sentinel #1 EX, and I was at a convention this past weekend. When I bumped into this originally, I was offering my SIM or Cap EX for the combo. Originally he wanted $2k for both. Finally, when I offered $1150, I was really surprised the seller jumped on it. So, this thread is meant more to state that I wasn't expecting the lucky find, much less the seller willing to go with that price. So, even if I broke it down to its individual components, I can say I paid $750 for Sentinel EX #1, and $400 for this other EX one. And you guys are merely just confirming that I stumbled onto a good find. Definitely a keeper, on both accounts.

FYI, the seller still has the Sentinel #2 and #3 EX for sale . . .

Now the last grail I am seeking is an original Ironman EX

Last edited:
I still have his phone number if you want it. And yes, it was SuperCon.

Damn, I knew I should went, even if it would have been by myslef. There are always good deals to be had. Crap!

Yeah, in a month or so when my #1 arrives. I'll shoot you a PM then. Thanks man!

I'm still looking for an #1... nothing even on ebay atm - anyone selling or got tips of where to find?

(I know... wishful thinking, huh)

thanks. :)

I'm still looking for an #1... nothing even on ebay atm - anyone selling or got tips of where to find?

(I know... wishful thinking, huh)

thanks. :)

there was one that actually ended a few days ago for around 800ish if i could remember correctly.

Back