Good place to put my The Thing PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would the Thing fit in there though? It looks good for the taller 'thinner' PFs but I think Thing is too bulky...

Nope, I have the same Besta shelves with the same led lights. Thing does fit, but you wont be able to put him behind glass. His arm in the back makes him stick out. If the door isn't a problem than you have yourself a winner :D
thing01op0.jpg

I will make a pic of him later today inside the Besta

Last edited:
I really like these. What dimensions are these cubes and what are they called exactly. I can't seem to find these on ikea.com. Atleast with glass options. Please more pictures!

I've been looking around lately for shelving systems
big enough for my the Thing PF. Does anyone know
a good type of shelf or cabinet that it will fit into?

Unless you have a basement or dedicated (Large) display area, the Thing PF, along with Hulk PF, and soon to be Thor PF, aren't meant for glass display cases. Just not practical. get a deltof ro curio and set him on top of it. And dust it every month.

I really like these. What dimensions are these cubes and what are they called exactly. I can't seem to find these on ikea.com. Atleast with glass options. Please more pictures!

The glass door is optional
I bought them without just to see if I could fit my collection in there. I couldn't (I've to buy more Besta :D )
If you buy the 6+ foot one and divide them in 3 equal parts Sauron wont fit
And, as I said before, Thing wont fit when you put a glass door on the shelves.
Same goes for Hulk I guess.

Basicly you can buy them as 2, 4 and 6 foot versions.

Yeah unfortunately its the glass doors that bump up the price as you need 3 for the 6ft single Besta.
Having said that, even when totalled out with the cost of the glass doors the price is still cheaper than many display cabinets with glass shelving which I just would not trust my collection on.

Well worth it imo, if you're gonna have an expensive collection, best have a classy unit to show it all off and these are perfect for displaying and more importantly they are secure.They have the standard book shelving rather than glass shelves which I don't trust, but thats just me.

I'll just have to find another spot for Mr Grimm or put him on top of one, once I get them that is.
x :peace

I bought a Pax wardrobe, it is huge inside and I have Jabba's throne in the middle
and The Thing Pf in the bottom. I will be reinforcing the shelves and have special glass door s made for it. I will post pics later.

I think im just go down to ikea and check them out. Do you have more pics of your collections in the besta?

Last edited:
My ikea does not carry the Besta shown in the pics. They do not have clear glass door
either.

My ikea does not carry the Besta shown in the pics. They do not have clear glass door
either.

if your looking in the store they won't be there. usaully you have to go asking, and even then it depends on the person you ask. at least thats for the glass doors.
which part of canada are you in? i know they have them in both the calgary and edmonton stores.

yeah i guess these stores won't help eh!!:rotfl

but i would keep trying, and asking, i know what they don't have one time the next they will. and if it's the same there as here, it depends on who you ask sometimes.

if your looking in the store they won't be there. usaully you have to go asking, and even then it depends on the person you ask. at least thats for the glass doors.
which part of canada are you in? i know they have them in both the calgary and edmonton stores.

This is true, I had to scroll the warehouse portion before I found them, in Edmonton anyways.

They are on the online store item, look in the configured items menu it's a customized section of their site, it will give you a print out of the serials you need for the parts to create the custom Besta that you developed.

Did Optimus ever say where he got his lighting, I spent a whole day looking on the internet looking for kits like those?

Back