Good horror games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fatal Frame series on PS2
The Suffering
Silent Hill series is great too.

Oh wow, yes definitely. "Scary" video games don't do much to actually scare me, but the Fatal Frame games made me jump quite a few times. The first one is the best imo.

Also, I agree with everyone else that Silent Hill 2 is the best horror game ever made. I must've played that game half a dozen times.

Those are coming to N. America right?

Yes, the Silent Hill HD collection is coming to North America.

EDIT: Saw this on gamestop: https://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/silent-hill-re-mastered-collection/91659

However I could not find it listed for 360. I would be disappointed and surprised if it wasn't released on 360. They've release SH4, Homecoming and the soon Downpour all on Microsoft's system. I would be surprised if they made these remasters of the SH games and didn't release it on 360.

Last edited:
I don't want to go too far off topic here but if I were to buy a new system, what would you guys recommend, PS3 or Xbox 360? Is the ps3 worth the extra $100 if I don't need the Blu Ray player? Just curious.

I don't want to go too far off topic here but if I were to buy a new system, what would you guys recommend, PS3 or Xbox 360? Is the ps3 worth the extra $100 if I don't need the Blu Ray player? Just curious.

Before the can of worms actually opens, I'll be quick in giving my two cents: It all depends on the exclusive titles you want to play. Without us knowing what type of gamer you are, you're just leaving it open for fanboy arguments to erupt.

Xbox 360 can be had at $200, but that's for the non-hard drive, paltry 4gb version. If you intend to install your games for quicker loading as well as partake in Xbox Live downloadable titles, you're going to need a hard drive, which costs an extra $100 (when bought in the 250gb bundle).

I'd say pick up a PS3 unless you need to play games like Halo or Gears of War. That's my two cents. Keep a look out for promotions. Lots of places are giving away $50+ gift cards with the purchase of either PS3 or Xbox 360.

Anyway, back on topic, I'll second the post that mentioned Amnesia: Dark Descent. One of the most terrifying games I've ever played, and I'm an old hat with survival/horror.

I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of Fatal Frame 2... I think I was like 14 then. Scary game.

I think games can be far more frightening than other types of entertainment like movies.

Both are good machines. Look at the exclusive games for each one and decide based on which games look more interesting to you. I prefer the PS3, but the 360 has exclusives that I need to play from time to time.

Good point on the consoles. I know both are good and it would come down to the exclusive games. I have been waiting for Red Dead Redemption to hit the pc but it doesn't look like its coming so that's what made me consider a new console.

Anyway, back to the topic. It looks like I will have to add Fatal Frame 2 and Amnesia to my want list.

I think games can be far more frightening than other types of entertainment like movies.

This is exactly why I started the topic. I love horror movies but very, very few of them creep me out or make me jump. I figure by playing some of these horror games, with lights out late at night, might just do the trick.

Not many ppl liked Silent Hill Homecoming but I just finished it and thought it was really good. Its not scary but kind of creepy and the story is good too. I'm going to pick up origins on the PSP.

Back