Good horror games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domino

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I haven't played too many games lately so I really don't know what's out there but I am looking for some good horror titles. I have played Resident Evil 1 and 2, Dead Space and well, that's it really. I am looking for PC or PS2 titles since I don't have a 360 or PS3. However, if there are good 360 and PS3 games, please mention them, I just might buy a new system.

any of the FEAR games and Silent Hill; there are some good crime type horror games, but I don't have the stomach to play those.

Dead Space and Dead Space 2.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4VA1p5KQk[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776fi2I8e6U"]YouTube - ‪Dead Space 2 - Launch Trailer‬‏[/ame]

Eternal Darkness is the best horror game ever. It was a Gamecube game, but you can play it on a Wii with a Gamecube controller and save card.

Best must play :

Dead Space 1 & 2

Fear 2

Silent Hill

Siren Blood Curse

i would start with Fear 2. awesome scenes and its pretty cheap now!

i love horror games. the movies don't make me ____ myself anymore

Aside from what's already been mentioned, I really enjoyed Alan Wake on 360. It's much more atmosphere-horror than gore-horror if that helps.

The Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Dead Space series as many have already suggested. Though they're not pure horror games imo I'd also recommend Bioshock 1 and 2 as they both have some horror elements and are great games all around. If you have a PS2 I'd also say Haunting Ground. It's not very action oriented but is creepy and can get intense. A VERY underrated game inho.

Thank you for the suggestions. I see quite a few so far that I am going to have to check out and they seem to be inexpensive as well.

trust me if you only have ps2 the best horror game for that system is Silent Hill 2. hands down the best silent hill. but l would say buy a new xbox 360 or PS3. they are cheap now. $300.

the best Horror new next gen is Condemned. l don't care what anyone says, that one is the best. very scary and desturbing. l don't remember if Condemned is out for the PS3 or not. l would recomend you buy a xbox 360.

Check out Undying for the PC. You can probably get it for a buck, game is epic.

Yes yes yes. I loved this game. The guy who used to follow u around with no skin on. Used to scare the hell out of me. I never did defeat the final boss. I bet this game looks very dated now.

I am going to have to hit a few used game stores today. I checked on all of these titles and just about all of them look very interesting. It looks like Silent Hill 2 is a must buy.

I saw a game called Amnesia Dark Descent on Steam, it looks like it might be creepy but also looks kind of dull. It looks like all you do is run and hide. Has anyone played this one?

I can't recomend silent hill 2 enough, i think one of the scariest games I have ever played. I remember playing this at a friends house during a sleep over in middle school...played in his den with the lights off in the middle of the night. We were all too freaked out to even go to the bathroom.

Back