gohastings.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this for $221.04! :yess:

40219236182.jpg

It's crazy that we call these deals now... these discounted prices are what most of these should've been.

Do none of you guys have to pay tax on these? That really jacks up the price to the point where they are just barely better deals than going through BBTS or eBay.

Do none of you guys have to pay tax on these? That really jacks up the price to the point where they are just barely better deals than going through BBTS or eBay.

I don't know where you live that has a 25% tax rate. :lol

We got Fett and IG88 combined for like $275 shipped. Tax was about $20. The savings on the figures themselves were $40 per figure. So paying $20 tax to save $80 works pretty good for me.

I don't scout ebay much but I think it would have been a challenge to find them for $140 each.

Well I was looking at Naked Snake. I've seen him go $190-200 shipped on eBay recently. Hastings is $185 shipped, so. . .not a great deal. If you're comparing prices to what Sideshow charges, then sure. And with all of that you have to risk getting an opened figure or extremely damaged box. Just not worth the hassle to me. Maybe the deal is better with Snake Eyes.

The deals for Jack Joker and the DX 10 T-800 are pretty damn good though. EDIT: Never mind, Terminator sold out.

Can't really beat $190 for the Nicholson Joker when the original MSRP was what, $265? The first figure to really push the new high price.

https://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Batman-1989-Movie-Joker-16th/sku/285539078.uts

It's crazy that we call these deals now... these discounted prices are what most of these should've been.

Yeah, the truth.

That's another one though where I've seen folks offloading the Nicholson for just a tad over $200 several times on the board. If you were looking to buy those figures anyway, then I can see this being a really compelling deal. But in the cases of the figures I was looking at it isn't enough to make me order something. Chances are, if I was willing to pay $10-15 below the going price for something, I probably want it enough to have already bought it.

But if Prog can get $140 for Snake Eyes then that is a significantly cheaper price than you can get elsewhere. I guess I'm just not looking for the stuff that you can get for a good deal. :(

The deals for Jack Joker and the DX 10 T-800 are pretty damn good though. EDIT: Never mind, Terminator sold out.

Can't really beat $190 for the Nicholson Joker when the original MSRP was what, $265? The first figure to really push the new high price.

tumblr_inline_mfcia5mPWg1rrc78e.gif

That's another one though where I've seen folks offloading the Nicholson for just a tad over $200 several times on the board. If you were looking to buy those figures anyway, then I can see this being a really compelling deal. But in the cases of the figures I was looking at it isn't enough to make me order something. Chances are, if I was willing to pay $10-15 below the going price for something, I probably want it enough to have already bought it.

But if Prog can get $140 for Snake Eyes then that is a significantly cheaper price than you can get elsewhere. I guess I'm just not looking for the stuff that you can get for a good deal. :(

That's true, I saw it go for a little over $210 a while back. It seems to have gone up more though. It's kind of weird how the entire figure parted out almost goes for as much as the actual figure. If one were to go with Hastings for the Joker, it'd be significantly less than buying it part by part.

Had I not already purchased two, I'd have jumped on that. I don't really see anything else.

I had the DX Terminator in my cart for a bit, but I just got one before New Years for $190 shipped and figured, "what's 10 bucks".

Back