gohastings.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a brick and mortar about 40 minutes from here. They never had Hot Toys or Sideshow but the NECA people would've loved it.

I browsed our Stillwater store but didn't find any extraordinary deals. There's still a few HT and SS 1/6 figs there but not cheap enough to bite yet.

Same for Blurays and boxed sets. Not enough of a deal yet.

yeah, the "sale" sucks right now... still, I'll post some loot-

image.jpg

surprised to see GSC tmnt Michaelangelo there. Might drop in again in another couple weeks and see if theres a bigger markdown. 10% off their books... lol

I browsed our Stillwater store but didn't find any extraordinary deals. There's still a few HT and SS 1/6 figs there but not cheap enough to bite yet.

Same for Blurays and boxed sets. Not enough of a deal yet.

What figs do they have? Still have the HT Thor TDW 1/6 fig? That'd be the only one I'd want to get.

yeah, the "sale" sucks right now... still, I'll post some loot

surprised to see GSC tmnt Michaelangelo there. Might drop in again in another couple weeks and see if theres a bigger markdown. 10% off their books... lol

Ours has the Leonardo and Donatello GSC figs. Really tempted but hoping for 40% off on them:yess:

I'm disappointed with the discounts so far. It'll be interesting to see how low they go in the next few weeks. The Hastings here still has a ton of action figures left--though I didn't see many 1/6. They must have sent them to different stores because I know no one here bought them.

I'm disappointed with the discounts so far. It'll be interesting to see how low they go in the next few weeks. The Hastings here still has a ton of action figures left--though I didn't see many 1/6. They must have sent them to different stores because I know no one here bought them.

I wondered about the 1:6 figures myself because of Sideshow's strict reseller pricing policies but I figured they are going out of business anyways so all bets were off and they could price them however they wanted to but now I am suspicious they are returning for credit unsold merch to the distributors which is why they haven't offered anything above a 20% discount on collectible toys and action figures.

I went to my first Hastings in Laramie WY last week. The store was basically like a miniature version of our Tradesmart and was surprised to see that not only were the discounts 20% off the original price on collectibles but they had actually RAISED prices on certain items to the full suggested retail price then knocking off the 20%. An item I had been keeping an eye on at Tradesmart had suddenly gone from $69.99 before they had announced they were going out of business to the full $99.99 less the 20% discount they are making an additional profit of $10. Sneaky basterds. All I can say is it's no wonder they are closing when they cannot even offer incentives to liquidate their stock. I suspect the last 2 or 3 weeks of business we'll see a desperate slash to move inventory but for now I'm not seeing any real deals.

It'll probably be the beginning of October before they really hit the big discounts. They'll probably have shipped everything I want out by then.

In the store near me then is a sudden influx of movie/tv related books. Discounts now 20% on new (still way higher than amazon), still 40% on used. Figures still are 20%. There are two HT figures, but both are of Gamora and have been sitting there months...

dang. Just went yesterday and it was up to 40% off. I'll run by this weekend. I can't believe how much has already been bought by people. There's really not much good left in the store even when it was 10-20% off.

dang. Just went yesterday and it was up to 40% off. I'll run by this weekend. I can't believe how much has already been bought by people. There's really not much good left in the store even when it was 10-20% off.

I haven't been in ours for about two weeks. I'll run by today and see what's left.

Our comic section has been annihilated. Found some nice variants but there's hardly anything there. the IDW TMNT section is just gone :gah:

There looked to be a decent amount of comics left here, but I didn't check it out fully. I ended up getting a 1/4 NECA Big Chap figure for $70 since the action figures are 30% off now. I wanted to wait until it was a little less but figured it might be gone before the next discount increase so I grabbed it.

There looked to be a decent amount of comics left here, but I didn't check it out fully. I ended up getting a 1/4 NECA Big Chap figure for $70 since the action figures are 30% off now. I wanted to wait until it was a little less but figured it might be gone before the next discount increase so I grabbed it.

I know Stillwater had a lot of 1/6 figs but not sure how well sales have been there. Hastings in Norman is just picked over. They will be closed a lot sooner than Oct 31 because there will be nothing left to sell lol

I know Stillwater had a lot of 1/6 figs but not sure how well sales have been there. Hastings in Norman is just picked over. They will be closed a lot sooner than Oct 31 because there will be nothing left to sell lol

I don't know how long it will take for the one here to close. One of the workers today told me that they are getting items from other places to sell at the store too. They had baby clothes and stuff from Blockbuster there today.

Back