GODZILLA coming to SS...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would kick soooo much ass if SSC did Godzilla!! :rock I was a huge Godzilla fan as a kid and he still hold a dear place in my heart. I had the chance to buy a mechanical Godzilla that walked and had electronic sounds a few years ago, it stood 24" tall, but was $1,000. :monkey2

I'd love to see what they could do. A Desi-Goji diorama would be incredible. THe GMK one would be great to.

I don't think they can do Godzilla as a PF, since the scale for those is 1/4 and a 1/4 scale Gozilla PF would be between 40 and 80 feet tall depending on the version.

Maquette or a diorama is most likely imo.

Or bobbleheads.

Maulfan, you said earlier you'd go broke because you love Godzilla as much as Star Wars...well, I can say I like Godzilla MORE than Star Wars! :lol I have since I was a kid and saw Destroy All Monsters about 12 times at our local (But now, non-existant) drive in theatre. Since then, I have seen them all, and have all, and I do mean, ALL on DVD. All versions.
My faves always will be, the 54, 64, 68, 93, 95 and to some degree, the 2000suits. (The bold ones are total faves, and I have 12" scale models of those, with most others represented in Bandai or other forms)

Long live the Big G! :rock

Good move Sideshow! Go get 'em!:D

Maulfan, you said earlier you'd go broke because you love Godzilla as much as Star Wars...well, I can say I like Godzilla MORE than Star Wars! :lol I have since I was a kid and saw Destroy All Monsters about 12 times at our local (But now, non-existant) drive in theatre. Since then, I have seen them all, and have all, and I do mean, ALL on DVD. All versions.
My faves always will be, the 54, 64, 68, 93, 95 and to some degree, the 2000suits. (The bold ones are total faves, and I have 12" scale models of those, with most others represented in Bandai or other forms)

Long live the Big G! :rock

Good move Sideshow! Go get 'em!:D

Right with you Les, I have every film except Destroy All Monsters on DVD, though 1985 is a bootleg as no American company has released it yet, but I can't wait for that day. I have an entire door in my DVD cabinet full of Godzilla. Due to only getting into high end stuff of late, my collection is of figures, though I do have the X-Plus 1954 statue, I love it. I keep scouring eBay for the Kaiyodo pieces.

My first taste of the big G was a Saturday morning show called Creature Double Feature, and the first one I can vividly remember was Godzilla vs. Megalon and it stood out that it was like a buddy film with Godzilla and Jet Jaguar, and when you're 5 that's neat. I had a dream once that Godzilla was my friend and we went around and he burnt all the mean kids at school haha.

I just saw at Best Buy they they seem to be releasing collector sets of a bunch of the movies. With the US and Japanese versions... kinda like they did with the original movie. Pretty cool looking sets and only $15 a pop.

Interesting that 1985 has never been released in the US, I loved that movie when I was a kid. And it was great that the big weapon to destroy Godzilla shared names with a drug store (Super X) :lol

I just saw at Best Buy they they seem to be releasing collector sets of a bunch of the movies. With the US and Japanese versions... kinda like they did with the original movie. Pretty cool looking sets and only $15 a pop.

Interesting that 1985 has never been released in the US, I loved that movie when I was a kid. And it was great that the big weapon to destroy Godzilla shared names with a drug store (Super X) :lol

If you're referring to the Silver packaged special editions, yes they're great. So far, Classic Media has released Gojira (Godzilla 1954), Godzilla Raids Again, Mothra vs. Godzilla, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster and Invasion of the Astro Monster (Godzilla vs Monster Zero). All great and classic Godzilla films, the best ones of the real old days came prior to 67, then they were a little strange for a bit but came back big with Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla. My hope is that Classic Media will release 1985, it's been put out on Japanese DVD (my bootleg is a conversion of it), and I really want the nice transfers CM's giving these, bootleg quality just lets me see it on DVD, but not get the quality. However, it's very interesting to watch Gorjia and Godzilla 1985 in their original Japanese format without Raymond Burr inserted, there is a significant ammount of plot and dialogue differences, and quite frankly, I think the Americans ruined the source material with some of the changes to accommodate Burr, but I do like his acting quality he brought to both films. My all time favorite piece of Godzilla music is the track from when Godzilla is swallowed into the volcano at the end of 1985, it's just a beautiful piece and the only real spectacular musical piece in all Godzilla films outside of Akira I***ube's awesome work, which thankfully was most of the films; his requiem in Godzilla vs. Destroyah is a great piece.

EDIT: For any G Fans interested, All Monster Attack, which I assume is the original title for Destroy all Monsters, and Terror of Mechagodzilla are slated for release on CM's website. It says September tentative but that's obviously passed, but after these two, I think Godzilla vs. Megalon is the only film left besides 1985 that hasn't been released on high end DVD, and since CM seems to release in 2's, it would seem that G vs. Megalon and Godzilla 1985 might be the final double release.

Thats why I bought the Gojira set... I had always wanted to see the unaltered film. I seriously thought it wasn't going to happen until I heard about the release from a fellow freak.

But whats funny is I didn't realized 1985 had been altered the same way :lol

Am I the only one who would buy 12" versions of Raymond Burr as Steve Martin and Dr. Serizawa?

Back