GODZILLA coming to SS...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same thought occurred to me when I listened to the podcast. Diorama is the only medium I can picture.

Medicom has released a couple of Godzillas, but they've been out for quite a while, so I doubt it is those figures. I really think it was just a Huntin' for Bounty! segment, and not a clue to anything... but that's just me.

That will make me very happy, I have been waiting for a diorama or 1/4 scale
Gorjia.

If Sideshow gets a Godzilla line, I'm going broke, i'll buy everything, I love Godzilla as much as Star Wars. I have a 6" figure to represent every suit ever made in the series. I can't wait to see where this goes. Dios, maquettes and PF's would be great, or even vinyl figures like Jabba. Oooh this is exciting :)

Medicom has released a couple of Godzillas, but they've been out for quite a while, so I doubt it is those figures. I really think it was just a Huntin' for Bounty! segment, and not a clue to anything... but that's just me.

I would KILL for them to remake/reissue the RAH series Godzilla...

The Medicom figures are rubber suited dolls, which is nice in theory, but not a fun toy at all. If Sideshow were smart, apart from making a proper 1/4 PF, they should make a good, large articulated PVC figure.

And by "friends," I hope that includes Gamera (Showa preferably).

I'm not sure if Sideshow could get a license for articulated figures; Bandai has a pretty strong hold on that and they have North American distribution of Japanese products as well as some figures released under Bandai America that can be found in Toys R Us and other toy stores in the U.S.

If Sideshow does get this license, my wish list is for anything to do with original Godzilla 1954 (Gojira), Godzilla 1985, Godzilla with Ghidorah (1960s style), Godzilla vs. Biollante, and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla/Tokyo S.O.S. style suits, those are my favorites suit designs, '54 and '85 being my absolute favorites.

The rubber-suited Microman figures are made of win:

You can still find them on eBay for reasonable prices. I've seen them sell as low as $60. I have the 1954 and its one of my favorite figures... not a fun one since its not really poseable, but awesome nontheless.

In the spirit of Godzilla, I figured I'd share a few pictures of my most treasured Godzilla item. This is the Godzilla 1985 figure from the 50th Anniversary box set. I was lucky enough to find an eBay auction for this figure by itself, and I absolutely love it and it's really nice to have a quality figure of the 85 suit, which is my second favorite of all next to the original.

85GZILLA1.jpg

85GZILLA2.jpg

85GZILLA3.jpg

85GZILLA4.jpg

85GZILLA5.jpg

I love Godzilla, I was stoked last year when the released the original unaltered film on DVD. Gotta like the Patty Duke Burr scenes, but it was so nice to finally see the original version.

I love Godzilla, I was stoked last year when the released the original unaltered film on DVD. Gotta like the Patty Duke Burr scenes, but it was so nice to finally see the original version.

It was like watching the movie for the first time for me... whole different experience!

Definitely, especially when you see it and find the film's continuity skewed to work the Burr scenes in. It was clever work at the time and pulls off nicely, but like Godzilla 1985, the Japanese version runs quite a different path than the versions with Burr inserted, options are nice. I hope they release the remaining films that haven't been put out on U.S. DVD by Sony or whoever's releasing them now, I forget off the top of my head.

I could see them releasing the rest, there are enough fans to warrant it.

I would hope so, they've released just about all of them now. 1985 hasn't been released on U.S. DVD ever, and I'm anxiously waiting for that. I have a bootleg copy which has the original Japanese version and the American, but it's ripped so the image and sound quality are lacking. It's interesting to watch some of them on DVD now becaue they're going back to the original source, and there's fair ammounts of added footage that had been cut out on the old VHS tapes I had. I have like 22 of the DVDs right now, only a few left to have modern, solid copies of to complete the collection. I loved I***ube's Requiem from Godzilla vs. Destroyah, a beautiful piece. I have the 50th Anniversary CD of the Gojira soundtrack, really nice stuff.

Back