glyoung99's collection (watch it grow)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glyoung99

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not even sure how this all happened. I remember returning home from a screening of The Dark Knight and googled for batman images. The next thing I know I was at something called Sideshow Freaks looking at a picture of this guy.

DSC03530-1.jpg

I had no idea who Sideshow was or why anybody would want to be it's freak but I knew I had to have it. I had never seen such detail in a 12" action figure. I had not collected anything for at least 10 yrs but I was instantly bitten by the bug again.

"1/6 figures here I come!" I thought.

I introduced myself to the forum and was told "If you like the 1/6 wait until you see the 1/4 PFs". That was about 5 months ago. I have since cleared out a room for what is to be my display area. I still don't have any shelves or display cases yet but here is my collection so far.

DSC03516.jpg

DSC03517.jpg

DSC03518.jpg

I have since abandoned the 1/6 figures for 1/4 PFs. I will finish out The Dark Knight line but after that it's all PFs for this guy. This is what I have so far.

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

:bananaAnd my favorite piece signed by the sculptor himself! Thanks to El Roranous!:banana

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

Looking forward to updating this thread as my collection grows.

That's a pretty darn good collection for only being into the hobby for 6 months!! Congrats and keep us updated! :chew

sick man, looking forward to watching it grow! :rock

Nice pieces! I'm eager to see how your collection grows from the ground up since I'm in a similiar situation as you. I've never been into collecting action figures or statues, but after seeing The Dark Knight, I saw some pictures of the Hot Toys range and that kinda kicked everything off.

I'm starting off with the 1/6th scale figures of The Dark Knight and Iron Man by Hot Toys...then I wanna see what's out there in terms of X-Men statues.

Once again, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you decide to add to your collection. Most people here already have expansive collections from years of collecting, which can be somewhat overwhelming (yet still very impressing) for a newstart like me.

Nice pieces! I'm eager to see how your collection grows from the ground up since I'm in a similiar situation as you. I've never been into collecting action figures or statues, but after seeing The Dark Knight, I saw some pictures of the Hot Toys range and that kinda kicked everything off.

I'm starting off with the 1/6th scale figures of The Dark Knight and Iron Man by Hot Toys...then I wanna see what's out there in terms of X-Men statues.

Once again, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you decide to add to your collection. Most people here already have expansive collections from years of collecting, which can be somewhat overwhelming (yet still very impressing) for a newstart like me.

Be careful. Once you go 1/4 you may never go back. I wanted the Hot Toys Iron Man stuff to but I keep thinking that I can spend that money on another PF. In fact that's why I don't have any shelves yet. I keep spending the money on PFs:lol

At least I'll have something to go on the shelves when I buy them. Unfortunately this means that everything has to stay in boxes for now:(

Some quality pieces you have there man. I've only been collecting for about 8 months and my collection isn't too big yet either, I'm just glad I'm not the only one on here that doesn't have a gigantic collection. :lol I mostly have PF's too, but I'm trying to branch out a bit as long as space and my wallet allows me to.

Back