Glass Display cabs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it was of some help, i was considering geting the ikea detold because the dust gaps are just at the front, these could be filled up with clear plastic strip. carnt decide because i colleect mainly PF so weight is my issue :monkey2

well, you can only fit 2 pf's in a detolf. since it brings 4 shelves, I put 2 together so it will support the weight of the pf. or you can also put 3. I have my capt. america on one of the top shelves and that thing weights alot, but it supports it

getting my 2 detolfs by end of next week along with shelfs :chew

have a expensive collection to put on them cost me like £4000 just in the last 2-3 months :monkey1

2 things:

-Why do people post picture that are sideways? Photo edit those things and rotate!

-Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Cadbury's Creme Eggs.......... :drool:drool:drool

Because of your thread, I got so excited about the cost of one of Ikea's display cabinets that I went out and bought one :lol

I bought 2 for $60 each and they are WONDERFUL!!!!! I also bought a couple lights there for $15 which add a nice museum like touch.

While it doesn't fit my Morgul Lord or Sauron statue (which is a bummer) they are nice for the "small" stuff. I don't think I'd trust it for anything particularly heavy (unless it's at the bottom).

Here's a pic (not great quality) of what I got.

DSC00781.jpg

Lol Photoshop Magician move away from the magic wand and use the rotate tool !

Got My detolfs now, but have you guys got any ideas where i could buy plastic strip to fit in the door gap to close it up???? the stuff like what they supplied for the back of the detolf so it clips over the glass.

You can probably try a local crafts store or to contact IKEA if they have those particular strips (so you can cut them down to size). I don't even bother with my Detolfs though because I don't want the presentation of my display to suffer with plastic strips petruding from the front of the case where it would clearly be visible. I dust maybe a few times a year and really isn't a problem (especially if you had to constantly dust if it was out in the open).

You can probably try a local crafts store or to contact IKEA if they have those particular strips (so you can cut them down to size). I don't even bother with my Detolfs though because I don't want the presentation of my display to suffer with plastic strips petruding from the front of the case where it would clearly be visible. I dust maybe a few times a year and really isn't a problem (especially if you had to constantly dust if it was out in the open).

problem will soon be solved, bought som 5x5 acrillic bar so that will plug gaps nicly and its see through :)

30 (US dollars) for the fishtank and 42 for both led tubes, dont know if thats cheap or expensive, but that was my only choice :p

good affect, but the you need a shelf for every one of these you add, where as a detolf makes good use of space ( if used right ) there only down side is DUST but thats easily solved :chew

hey raider.

you using detolfs to put pfs in?

ever see these https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30114613

a little more expensive than the detolf...but the damn site wont tell me the max weight on the shelf for this item...and the shelves are adjustable

yep i was 50-50 if to buy them instead of my detolfs, but 3 things went aginst it, its more expensive, weight on shelf is unknown, also the sides are wood so the only view is from the front so makes it dark inside unless you have lights on all the time :banghead

Im unpacking MY whole collection as we speak hoping to have pics up soon :banana

I'm gonna need more space as my collection grows, and the Detolfs look really nice, plus they are pretty reasonably priced. Only thing is the weight capacity on the shelves, and the fact that I want to put PF's on them. Now I saw that a few here have suggested doubling up the shelves for added weight capacity. Does that really work as far as displaying PF's go, or is there another cabinet option thats good for displaying PF's?

Back