GIMLI Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's grey. And truthfully, looks more screen accurate in color tone. I'll get some pics up.

Well, they used several cloaks of differing colors in different scenes for the screen used ones. The up close shots match the Sideshow ones fairly closely in both color and print. And since they are most commonly depicted as green, and all the other SS LotR figures have the same green patterned cloaks, I prefer the Sideshow ones. But any earth tone fabric would work ok as the eleven cloaks basically changed colors to make the wearer practically invisible.

Well, they used several cloaks of differing colors in different scenes for the screen used ones. The up close shots match the Sideshow ones fairly closely in both color and print. And since they are most commonly depicted as green, and all the other SS LotR figures have the same green patterned cloaks, I prefer the Sideshow ones. But any earth tone fabric would work ok as the eleven cloaks basically changed colors to make the wearer practically invisible.

Fair enough. :duff

It's grey. And truthfully, looks more screen accurate in color tone. I'll get some pics up.

Thanks, Blu.

Good point, EC. But I still would like continuity within my displayed figures. I may just have to put up with the shortness of the SS cloaks.

Thanks, Blu.

Good point, EC. But I still would like continuity within my displayed figures. I may just have to put up with the shortness of the SS cloaks.

Unless you want to snatch the one from Ex. Legolas. He shouldn't be wearing it anyways as his gear is all pre-Lothlorien.

I used the DID and I prefer it over the SS one. I tried both and the DID fit better and I plan on adding a touch of dark green to it.
Just a reminder:
11-29-08010.jpg
[/IMG]

Now for the rest of the Hobbits and one Moria orc-I have a 11" Gollum and I am going to try to use it for a custom Orc, so we will see soon.

Last edited:
This coming from the man who dresses him in nothing but a cloak... I'm just saying...don't ask, don't tell eh? :huh :p

Heh heh... yeah, I'm still waiting for his chain mail and fat boy suit to show up before dressing him up again. :eek:

I do think Aragorn looks better with gauntlets on as well (like the NECA Aragorn below). I dressed him up with an extra pair of Faramir gauntlets I picked up from Toy Anxiety.

review_aragorn_3.jpg

Last edited:
I just joined up here after lurking on the board for about a month. I don't quite remember what drew me here this time around, but this particular thread was one of the first I saw that really made me sit up and pay attention.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the great tips - especially on how to shorten that DID body! Otherwise, I may have ended up sinking some money into an alternative that wouldn't have worked out.

I'd actually decided to do a custom Gimli before Sideshow ever put this line on "hiatus" and already had most of the parts to do so from back in the days when they were first released. (Just wish I'd had the initiative to get the roto Gimli before all you guys cleared out ebay. :D ) Not sure when I'll have anything assembled to show for it, though. Unfortunately, I'm notoriously slow on getting customs done, especially LotR ones, since I'm such a stickler for detail.

I just joined up here after lurking on the board for about a month. I don't quite remember what drew me here this time around, but this particular thread was one of the first I saw that really made me sit up and pay attention.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the great tips - especially on how to shorten that DID body! Otherwise, I may have ended up sinking some money into an alternative that wouldn't have worked out.

I'd actually decided to do a custom Gimli before Sideshow ever put this line on "hiatus" and already had most of the parts to do so from back in the days when they were first released. (Just wish I'd had the initiative to get the roto Gimli before all you guys cleared out ebay. :D ) Not sure when I'll have anything assembled to show for it, though. Unfortunately, I'm notoriously slow on getting customs done, especially LotR ones, since I'm such a stickler for detail.

Well, hey now, if you were lurking, then you saw mine as well as other freaks warnings, several times, about the stuff petering out as well as being relisted at scalper prices. :p I'll keep you in mind if I find anything. Wor-Gar's got first dibs, and it'll stay that way because he's a vicious pic nazi I don't want to provoke :lol, but you're next after him.

Back