GIMLI Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rotocast version is too small and won't look right on the soft head.

I've basically finished extending Gimli's beard, though it still needs a bit more detail and clean up work. Some pics forthcoming.

OK. So scratch getting the "soft" Gimli sans accessories/helmet but with clothing as an economizing gesture. (Have the DiD and the ToyBiz roto already, still looking or a good deal on the "soft".) Danke!

Well, you can still get it and go with the DiD helmet assuming you're up for some butchering and painting. The "soft" helm really is the best option of all three though.

Here are some pics of my nearly finished Gimli:

IMGP22491.JPG

IMGP22541.JPG

IMGP22861.JPG

Looks awesome pix! Can't wait to get my custom Gimli to look like that! Roto and DID on the way...still need that elusive "soft"...

Looking good. I'm starting to like the "soft" hard boots. I still have mine sitting around so I might switch over still. Are you planning on darkening the maille. I painted mine on the skirt and I think it helped.

Pix, you might want to try a bit of thread holding the clasp together for Gimli's cloak as an extender. Could give him an extra bit of length and the unclasped bit would be hidden under his beard. Just a thought.

Back