Ghostbusters box set by Timelife

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanGabriel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody bought this and want to ask how is it? And is it worth getting it or should I just settle with the individual season set.

Thanks,
Richard

This is worth it defiantely. If your a fan and going to get all the seasons anyway, go for the set.

the box is all steelbooks. plus the firehouse outer box. and it isn't too hard to find timelife coupon codes on the internet. bet you can probably get a good deal on that set.

the box is all steelbooks. plus the firehouse outer box. and it isn't too hard to find timelife coupon codes on the internet. bet you can probably get a good deal on that set.

Im thinking of getting this from Amazon, they have it for $113.:)

The boxed set is definitely the way to go. Not only do you get the five volumes in steelbooks months before they'll be released separately, but you also get the cool outer box that resembles the firehouse and has two neat little lenticular images.

But what makes this set worth getting, in my opinion, is the bonus disc and booklet. The book contains short descriptions of every episode in the set, including some trivia. The bonus disc has some extra promotional stuff, including the original animation test that was created to sell the show to networks and investors. The design of the characters changed significantly from that early test animation, and the animation was very detailed for its time.

Bottom line, if you're a Ghostbusters fan then you need this boxed set in your collection.

um, any pics?

also, misleading thread title! i looked this up and i thought this was gonna be for the movies, its for the cartoon show "the REAL ghostbusters"!! omg, did this just come out on DVD?? man i'd love to get this show. i mean its not like its the best cartoon ever, saw those 2 episodes on the GB 2 dvd and it was sooooooooo 80's cheesy but fun and enjoyable at the same time! but i grew up watching this on TV in the 90's (reruns) and enjoying it alot, one of those great "saturday morning cartoons" ya know? man, i cant wait to get this. will be like when i was a kid. screw all those crappy stuff on TV nowadays, this was where it was at back in the day along with classic nicktoons on nickeoldeon!

and btw, "extreme ghosbusters" suckkeed!! even back then when i was a kid, i kept thinking "whats with the goth chick ghostbuster? why does egon have a ponytail? why is there a wheelchair-bound ghosbuster? whats with the stuuupid rock version of the GB theme? just didnt do it for me, the original series was the best.

Last edited:
holy sh** thats HUGE. i actually didnt know that show ran for so long, i mean 147 episodes? WOW. had no clue. but big question: is this box set gonna be available in stores or just online? i hope its gonna be in stores as i hate ordering online.

holy sh** thats HUGE. i actually didnt know that show ran for so long, i mean 147 episodes? WOW. had no clue. but big question: is this box set gonna be available in stores or just online? i hope its gonna be in stores as i hate ordering online.

I'm pretty sure it's only available for purchase online, either direct from Time Life or via an online retailer. The individual volumes are being released in stores, but if you go that route, you lose out on the box, the collector's booklet, and the bonus disc. And so far, only volume 1 of the 5 has been released, so it'll be quite a while before your collection is complete.

i went to best buy.com and they had the GB box set available, so i assumed that they would have it in stores. ill have to check it out.

Back