Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In honor of the original and only ghostbusters (and not the god awful reboot), I thought I'd post a few pics of my custom GB figures. I started this project over a year ago and originally intended to just make a GB1 set. I got a little carried away, as you'll later see :lol. Thanks to everyone who's posted pics and contributed their ideas to this thread. They were really helpful and inspiring!

Photography is not my forte, so sorry if some of my pics look very similar or identical. Also, the figures are not 100% complete. There are still a few loose ends I need to take care of (proper glasses for Egon, shorten proton pack cords, weathering etc).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Stay tuned! Up next:
image.jpeg

Wow!! They look amazing, Saigon! Love all the details, esp on your Slimer and Rays cigarette!! :clap Is the cig from the GK figure?

Very nice. They look great.

I have almost everything I need for my GBII figures except for the head sculpts.

Thanks a lot, Rambler! I'll post pics of my GBII set soon once I take some pics. Which heads do you plan on using? Would love to see them all when you're finished :)

I'm still looking for some elbow pads if anyone can help :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

You should PM Mando and see if he's still making/offering them.

Wow!! They look amazing, Saigon! Love all the details, esp on your Slimer and Rays cigarette!! :clap Is the cig from the GK figure?

Thanks a lot, Eightball!! And yes, Ray's cigarette is from GK's Fat Man/Marshall figure. The added smoke effect is pretty cool and adds a nice finishing touch to the figure :yess:

In honor of the original and only ghostbusters (and not the god awful reboot), I thought I'd post a few pics of my custom GB figures. I started this project over a year ago and originally intended to just make a GB1 set. I got a little carried away, as you'll later see :lol. Thanks to everyone who's posted pics and contributed their ideas to this thread. They were really helpful and inspiring!

Photography is not my forte, so sorry if some of my pics look very similar or identical. Also, the figures are not 100% complete. There are still a few loose ends I need to take care of (proper glasses for Egon, shorten proton pack cords, weathering etc).

View attachment 265829

View attachment 265831

View attachment 265832

View attachment 265833

View attachment 265834

View attachment 265835

View attachment 265836

View attachment 265837

View attachment 265838

View attachment 265839

View attachment 265840

Stay tuned! Up next:
View attachment 265841

I would buy these in a heartbeat....amazing. Best I have seen!

I would buy these in a heartbeat....amazing. Best I have seen!
Thank you very much, xipotec! I put a lot of work into these guys, so your kind words are much appreciated :hi5:

I don't know. I'm waiting for someone to make a GB2 Winston.
You could modify Spenser's Winston head into the GBII version by sanding off the mustache. Since there are only a few GB heads available, I just used the same 4 heads on all my GB's sets.

Without further ado, here are a few pics of my GBII figures. I hope you all like how they turned out :).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Coming up next:
image.jpeg

hi question for everyone but Ive been working on my custom ghostbusters for almost 4 years now and I'm about finished but I'm missing 2 major parts so does anyone have or know what I could use for the hoses for there flight suits and does anyone make or have 4 sets of elbow pads?

^Thanks again, eightball!

Johnautobot, you could use fish tank tubing with a little transparent green paint for coloring. As for elbow pads, I bought a set from Mando that I ended up modifying and recasting. I have a few extra sets, but since they're recasts and Mando's design, they're for my own personal use only. I'd just pm Mando and ask if he'll make a set for you.

We're ready to believe you! Special thanks to Mr.E for being the first to make this set and inspiring me to make my own :hi5:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Coming up next :lol:

image.jpeg

Holy crap!! Your "Ready To Believe You" set is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Where did you get all the accessories and gadgets?? The attention to detail is perfect! You even got Egon's tie right!! Can't wait to see your next custom!!! :clap

Holy crap!! Your "Ready To Believe You" set is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Where did you get all the accessories and gadgets?? The attention to detail is perfect! You even got Egon's tie right!! Can't wait to see your next custom!!! :clap

Thanks again man! I made all the gadgets out of sculpey and a variety of other miscellaneous, cannibalized parts :lol And good eye! I think there are actually several diamonds on Egon's tie, but I was lazy and only added the top one that you can see :)

Thanks, Rambler!!

:clap

Bow down boys. :goodpost:

Thanks again for being the first to make this set! I must have read through this entire thread at least 6 times for ideas and references, and your custom figures were among the best. I'm still waiting for you to finish your real ghostbusters figures! It would be a shame to not put those suits and head sculpts to use!!!

Clear your head. All right, tell me what you think it is...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is it a star?
image.jpeg

It IS a star! Very good. That's great.
image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay. Nervous?
image.jpg

Yes... I don't like this.
image.jpeg

Don't worry. You only have seventy-five more to go. Okay, what's this one?
image.jpg

....A couple of wavy lines?
image.jpeg

Sorry! This isn't your lucky day!
image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back