Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good mando, can't wait to see it once its all together.

What are you going to do about the belt gizmo? Are you gonna make your own or use the mattel one?

Last edited:
Anyone have specific advice as to how to paint cloth pistol belts? Would Mando's suggestion for painting the elbow pads (watering down acrylic paint) be the way to go? I think I'm gonna give it a shot.

Anyone have specific advice as to how to paint cloth pistol belts? Would Mando's suggestion for painting the elbow pads (watering down acrylic paint) be the way to go? I think I'm gonna give it a shot.

Sam, what material is it? If it's just cloth, I've even take acrylic and watered it down into a small spray bottle and spray it on there until the color desire is accomplished.

Not even a brush require. Secret No. 382

Ski

Interesting. It's a specific type of tightly woven cloth material that apparently won't dye. The only problem with trying to spray it on is that there are little rivets throughout the belt that I don't want painted. Will still be tough to do it with a brush at this scale, but I want to try something.

On another note, I went to Joanne (a hobby store) today, and found some little clasps. They are pretty small but still not small enough to be perfectly in-scale with the belt. Probably small enough to work for my purposes though.

You can always wipe off the rivets before the paint dries... and even afterward as the paint won't adhere well to the metal surface.

Go get em MANDO! :rock

Ski

:rock2:1-1::hi5::exactly::lecture

Looking good mando, can't wait to see it once its all together.

What are you going to do about the belt gizmo? Are you gonna make your own or use the mattel one?

Thanks J2G! :duff I'm going to use bits off the Mattel belt, but the overall belt itself, no.

Here's my Ray w/ goggles. Finished them the other night, but probably going to wait to apply the cig last after he's all put together.
Might I add, I LOVE this sculpt!

022_zps4bda839a.jpg

While I feel like tool chiming in on every question, this thread has sort of become my baby. Or least a nephew.:lol

What works for me when painting fabric (that won't dye) is first use a wash of watered down paint and let that soak in and dry. Then you can usually apply paint as normal. Think of it as priming. That first coat really soaks in and allows for a better cover the second or third go-round.

Thanks again Mando! I'm actually just thankful you aren't charging for your advice. . .don't get any ideas :lol . I'll give it a shot one of these days. I think my remaining heads were attempted delivery today while I was at work, which means I should have them in-hand tomorrow :panic:

Hrm, let us know how they work sparkstron. I was thinking of going to the Hobby Store to look for something similar.

Yeah as I thought the ones I got were too big, but the second link looks spot on to me.

Wish I had more time to finnish this off properly.

@mando looking good;)

I think I've found the right belts, they're the ones made by Soldier Story. I'm about to order them, but it's the "Henry Kano" version and they have a "US" logo imprinted on them. Does anyone know if this is the same on the standard pistol belt? If the other side is otherwise identical, I could turn them the other way round.

Last edited:
I think I've found the right belts, they're the ones made by Soldier Story. I'm about to order them, but it's the "Henry Kano" version and they have a "US" logo imprinted on them. Does anyone know if this is the same on the standard pistol belt? If the other side is otherwise identical, I could turn them the other way round.

Got the same ones. Turning inside out is not an option but I'm pretty sure you can rub it off or paint over it.

Got the same ones. Turning inside out is not an option but I'm pretty sure you can rub it off or paint over it.

Thanks, think I've got the belts sorted now. I've found boots that look pretty good for completing my custom figures, they're not exactly screen accurate but look more or less the part. Only thing that concerns me is they might be too tall. What do you guys think?

$T2eC16RHJFoE9nh6nwf5BQ-bL-n3Hw~~60_57.JPG

Man they look great all together! Great work on piecing them together!
If you get the chance, will you link me to the black gloves you got?
Thanks Karamazov!

Thanks. They still aren't 100% there, but they are probably 85% at this point. Thinking I might keep the Snyder-Man Venkman on display for now though. Gloves were just some I found from Toy Anxiety awhile back. I actually got two different kinds (from two different companies I think--Dragon and Soldier Story maybe?) but both work pretty well IMO.

Back