Ghost Hunters & GHI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumblebee

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else watch GH or GHI?

GH.jpg

Last edited:
I watch it sometimes, I actually like it a lot. I like the fact that they try to disprove that these places are haunted first rather than seeing some dust in the air and saying that it's an orb like the other shows do. My wife watches it every chance she gets, she loves it.

I use to watch it regularly, now every so often. The problem I have is that they're reaching at times for evidence, especially GHI, and all of them are completely biased and use too much pseudoscience. I remember one episode where they thought they saw a ghost but it was obviously one of the investigators hands in frame. It was even confirmed in the secondary camera view, but they were damn sure it was a ghost. :lol
Also the EVP stuff as a whole is just not that believable. There's plenty of sounds that we don't hear that could explain the phenomena naturally and I think most are simply biased interpretations.
I will admit some findings are puzzling but they're rare.
But every now and then like a horror movie, it's good for a scare.

I like Ghost Hunters, shouldnt the new ones be starting soon? I really dont like GHI, tried watching it a bunch of times but couldnt get into it.

I like Ghost Hunters, shouldnt the new ones be starting soon? I really dont like GHI, tried watching it a bunch of times but couldnt get into it.

I think GH starts back up in March. GHI had 2 good episodes this season. The spanish fort was the best,seeing what looked like a figure in the display case was cool.

I miss Brian being on the show. He brought a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the program that I feel is missing in the more recent episodes.

I'm also not very fond of that Steve Gonsalves character. He seems to be a bit of a weasel at times and is kind of arrogant.

However, I do really like Ghost Hunters International. It isn't a drama show with people constantly bickering and Rob seems like a better team leader than Jason and Grant.

I lost a bit of my enthusiasm for Ghost Hunters after Grant got caught faking those "phantom" tugs on his jacket hood on the live halloween show, but I'm still looking forward to the new season. I'll just no longer view their evidence with any more credibility than any of the other paranormal entertainment shows.

GHI has been terrible until just recently. Last night's episode was the first time it didn't feel like I was watching a Scooby Doo episode. I've always viewed this show as pure fluff along the lines of Most Haunted.

I stopped watching the show becasue they were always talking. I would rather it be voiced over with a narrative and let us hear all the creepy sounds. Plus they need helmet cams, i get tired of them saying they see something to the right and the camcorder they are holding is pointing to the left.... That drives me freaking crazy. And their EVP's are radiculous, you can't capture EVP when you are sitting there complaining.

I stopped watching the show becasue they were always talking. I would rather it be voiced over with a narrative and let us hear all the creepy sounds. Plus they need helmet cams, i get tired of them saying they see something to the right and the camcorder they are holding is pointing to the left.... That drives me freaking crazy. And their EVP's are radiculous, you can't capture EVP when you are sitting there complaining.

I hate that also. Makes it easy to fake something that way.

:lecture
Like that one time both Jason and Grant saw a full body ghost when turning a corner and conveniently didn't have a camera pointed in that direction.
And they really do need to shut up, especially the team leader on GHI, he never lets a ghost get a word in edgewise. :lol It's also hilarious hearing them ask questions in english when in a non-english speaking country.
And the two goof offs from Ghost Hunters USA Dave and Steve are too unprofessional though I think are great guys.

Another problem is I don't think they do enough research. if they're trying to communicate with a ghost that died in the 1800s then they should try to use words and phrases that would be familiar to a person from that time, never heard them try this.

:lecture
Like that one time both Jason and Grant saw a full body ghost when turning a corner and conveniently didn't have a camera pointed in that direction.
And they really do need to shut up, especially the team leader on GHI, he never lets a ghost get a word in edgewise. :lol It's also hilarious hearing them ask questions in english when in a non-english speaking country.
And the two goof offs from Ghost Hunters USA Dave and Steve are too unprofessional though I think are great guys.

Another problem is I don't think they do enough research. if they're trying to communicate with a ghost that died in the 1800s then they should try to use words and phrases that would be familiar to a person from that time, never heard them try this.

Barry from GHI is good about doing that,he even ask questions in there native language.

I lost a bit of my enthusiasm for Ghost Hunters after Grant got caught faking those "phantom" tugs on his jacket hood on the live halloween show, but I'm still looking forward to the new season. I'll just no longer view their evidence with any more credibility than any of the other paranormal entertainment shows.

I saw that show. When did that happen and who caught him?

I saw that show. When did that happen and who caught him?

I was curious about that too so I did a search last night and found some You Tube videos (don't have the link right now, just do a search for jacket 2008 Halloween special and Ghost Hunters live, etc).
Basically you see Grant messing with his collar a few minutes before the first incident takes place, then you notice that he has his hand in his pocket every time it happens, and lastly when Jason goes to check his collar after it happens, you see his hand move away from the collar and after about three or four inches away you see the collar tug again as if Jason just tugged on some fishing line.

If there was anything else from this incident like a confession, please post.

Last edited:
Barry from GHI is good about doing that,he even ask questions in there native language.

Yes they have done it a few times, but it seems pointless to ask questions to a ghost that couldn't understand you. Though someone could say that people can suddenly understand every language as a ghost, but that just doesn't make much sense to me.

I was curious about that too so I did a search last night and found some You Tube videos (don't have the link right now, just do a search for jacket 2008 Halloween special and Ghost Hunters live, etc).
Basically yous see Grant messing with his collar a few minutes before the first incident takes place, then you notice that he has his hand in his pocket every time it happens, and lastly when Jason goes to check his collar after it happens, you see his hand move away from the collar and after about three or four inches away you see the collar tug again as if Jason just tugged on some fishing line.

If there was anything else from this incident like a confession, please post.

Thanks for the info...just watched a few videos.

Yeah it looks suspect but it really doesn't prove anything to me except that there are people on Youtube wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

I want a professional to prove they pulled a fast one. Not some dateless nimrod on Youtube.

Back