GG Voldemort 1/4 scale mixed media statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought Voldemort had a very loose grip as compaired to the other wizards, but even so I think that hand will need some adjustment.

As far as the face, I think it is very good.

voldemort.jpg

voldemortcompairis5.jpg

Obviously a different facial expression, but still shows how close this is.

Last edited:
he looks pretty good, but comparing it to the screen cap, imo his face seems a bit thin, and his expression seems more pained than threatening, but, maybe that's just the angle -- can't wait to see more pics and find out whether he has his wand or not -- this would look fantastic with the harry piece though!

Voldemort with wand = both sold

Voldemort WITHOUT wand = probably still sold, BUT I AINT GONNA LIKE IT!!

I will mention that i'm very happy these are in scale with the Sideshow PF's. It just makes me feel my collection is more consistent. Different sizes would just make it look weird if ya ask me.

I can only see three things I would change to make the Voldem...

Oi!

Sorry, to make the You-Know-Who sculpt perfect. I would move his eyes just a bit further apart, I would make his ears lay just a bit flatter against his head, and I would tip his head up a bit.

I think the first two changes would eliminate the "boyish" look, and the third would add that sense of self-aggrandizement that Fiennes has brilliantly brought to the character. He always like to look down on people.

Oh, and of course I would give him his wand.

I always thought Voldemort had a very loose grip as compaired to the other wizards, but even so I think that hand will need some adjustment.

As far as the face, I think it is very good.

voldemort.jpg

voldemortcompairis5.jpg

Obviously a different facial expression, but still shows how close this is.

looks like the nostrils on the statue are flipped upside down... the pointy ends should be at the top, and the wider end at the bottoms.

Little off topic, whjy didn't they give him red snake eyes like in the books? WTF, such an easy effect. Whatever, looks well done.

Isn't Voldemort's make-up computer-generated? That would mean GG's head-scanning equipment wouldn't help and they'd have to actually sculpt it without a scan. No doubt that caused some confusion about things like eye placement, ear angles and nostril direction.

Actually, I like both of these very much, they're the second most exciting announcement (after Trevolver's Indy sculpt) at SDCC so far, to me anyway. I'd like to see a shot with people in it to get a sense of the scale. They must both be pretty wide with those poses.

Back