GG Blackhole Stormtrooper (part 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have placed five or six orders directly from Gentle Giant and this is the first one that didn't ship the next day (one even shipped the same day I ordered it). And yes, they ship out of California.

Darth Loki said:
I'm glad I don't know what you look like so I won't have that image in my head all night :monkey2

DL here ya go.

Danny and Dusty at SSF Party during SDCC last year.

Fritz said:
Just think how sad these guys are going to be without one of their brothers... :monkey2

ST.jpg
Mine will be sad. I could paint the extra white one I have, but it's not the same.

I'll try not to cry. No, really... I'll be okay.

Some shipping info would be nice. If they went out yesterday I should get it next Monday. However, if Tom has not got his yet who knows when all of them will be shipped.

I still think the Corporal is the coolest looking one. Bad ass mofo gets down and dirty look at him :)

I'm with Justinluck here, having trouble figuring out the appeal. It's a Storm Trooper painted black. Okay, Storm Troopers are cool. Black is a cooler color than white. Um, anything else? Unless you follow the EU it's pretty damn obscure from a collection standpoint I'd think. It's not even a new sculpt.

Reading this thread and the locked one(I was bored), it seems to me there's only two reasons why any of you wanted it in the first place: a.) you collect all the troopers or b.) you were attracted by the low edition size. With far more people weighing in on the B scale, quite frankly. Not even including the couple guys on the flipper/scalper side.

Is this bust really any better than the other ones that no one ever discusses here? From what I've seen I'd say not. Would there even be a thread about it if the edition size were five times larger? Again, I'd say not.

I wouldn't equate it exactly but I don't see *that much* difference between people collecting something simply because it's rare and others scalping it for the same reason. Frankly the logic of the second position is a tad clearer. I don't condone the practice no matter what it's called, but it must be recognized that one can't exist without the other. Bad metaphor time: if no one wanted to buy drugs there'd be no drug dealers.

I do feel bad for the people who specifically collect all the troopers who couldn't get one though.

So nipple pics are relevant to this topic but scalping discussion is not? :rolleyes:

By the way, check out the scalper witch hunt over at rebelscum's gentle giant section... :lol

Let's try to stay on topic here. Tom, how does GG ship? Is it Fed Ex Ground Home Delivery like SS or just regular Fed Ex Ground?

Darth Loki said:
Let's try to stay on topic here. Tom, how does GG ship? Is it Fed Ex Ground Home Delivery like SS or just regular Fed Ex Ground?

Huh?

What does FedEx delivery have to do with nipples?

:confused:

Actually, I can't remember which method exactly. I have had them ship to my work address before, so maybe it's regular ground and not home delivery. Not sure...

nash said:
I still think the Corporal is the coolest looking one. Bad ass mofo gets down and dirty look at him :)

thats right Nash its always the grunts that get the dirty work!!!!! btw, post pics when you guys start to get these in. im still trying to figure out what the big deal is.

I've had them use FedEx with me. One time it was a not so pleasant experience. But that wasn't GG's fault.

Looks like people are getting the shipping notice. Mine should be in next Monday.

Well there's 14 up on eBay right now. If I can find one for $400 shipped I probably won't be able to resist. :wacky Damned Stormtrooper obsession. :duh

i'm just glad that i'm not as obsessed as many of you guys with the troopers, or else I will be bankcrupt in a heartbeat. Congratz to those who got one though. It must have been one heck of a battle.

Gran3131 said:
Looks like people are getting the shipping notice. Mine should be in next Monday.

Just got my notice too. Will be in hand on Monday. At least something to look forward to after the weekend.

I got mine today, #954. A friend of mine received #955. One of us should sell it to the other guy so that there can be two consecutive Blackhole busts on the same shelf...

That is awesome Tom.

I hear you DL. It will be a nice package to finally get. I have posted this before but Fed ex in my parents area will not ship on Friday so I always have to wait untill Monday. Well worth the wait though.

Back