GG Balrog Bust!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This balrog looks very nice indeed. The light up feature could be the reason the mouth looks off to some. It looks fine to me. I wish I had more room with my SS/Weta collection. It takes up two walls completely now.

Bob the Godfather over at FiresideCollectibles has this up on the site! :

FIRESIDE Gentle Giant Balrog

:rock
godfather.jpg
:rock

Light up = turn off, that is the deal breaker for both this and GtG. :monkey1

Does that mean you didn't get Barad-Dur as well because of the light up feature?

LOTRFan said:
Light up = turn off, that is the deal breaker for both this and GtG. :monkey1

If they would put a small white LED in the top of his staff, I would actually like it a lot! :cool:

goliath said:
If they would put a small white LED in the top of his staff, I would actually like it a lot! :cool:

That's where I think the light up feature is for GTG's bust.

Radagaster said:
Does that mean you didn't get Barad-Dur as well because of the light up feature?

I did get it, but that was an exception! :lol :monkey3

jlcmsu said:
Ya know you don't have to make it light up.

Really!!?!? :lol Fact is, the light-up feature will undoubtedly influence the flames on ol' Rog and staff on Gandalf, if they look "plasticky" it cheapens it.

I can tell you that when I saw the GTG bust at SDCC, I didn't even notice if his staff tip looked plasticky. It looked great as it is. This is the pic I took of it at SDCC:

photo.asp

LOTRFan said:
Really!!?!? :lol Fact is, the light-up feature will undoubtedly influence the flames on ol' Rog and staff on Gandalf, if they look "plasticky" it cheapens it.

Yeah, really!!! ;) I don't think they will look cheap. GTG looked fine at SDCC.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, really!!! ;) I don't think they will look cheap. GTG looked fine at SDCC.

Josh, they didn't have GTG's staff lit up. Regardless, I think it looks great even unlit.

Back