GG Balrog Bust!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't they show this at SDCC if it were this close? And why announce this so soon if it's not coming til April? And what happened to Saruman?

Although I reserve the right to change my mind, I'll pass on this for the moment. My Flame of Udun Balrog is good enough.

Darth Loki said:
Why didn't they show this at SDCC if it were this close? And why announce this so soon if it's not coming til April? And what happened to Saruman?

No idea wish they had.

hmm, I don't know. SS's mini-rog is more appealing to me than this fellow. I'll most likely pass

Ah, very good - another Balrog for my Balrog shrine! He'll look good on the right side of Daddy 'Rog, since Flame of Udun flanks DR on the left.

A must have for me personally.

jlcmsu said:

Overall looks very nice to me, but one question:

Does the mouth area look "off" to anybody else? :confused:

For some reason, the mouth looks too big, and it actually reminds me
of a snake's head and mouth that somebody slapped some horns on.

Either way - pretty darned nice for under $50 (from a board retailer)

JS

Looks cool but would have been great if it had been released prior to the SS/Weta "baby balrog"... It's too simliar to the baby balrog and not even a complete figure but a bust. I'll stick with my baby balrog.

JSAuctionService said:

Either way - pretty darned nice for under $50 (from a board retailer)

JS

I have my NECA Rog in my office and the mouths look very similar. The Neca mouth has more yellow and orange but I don't know if that's more accurate or not.

Oooo mighty nice....mighty, MIGHTY nice. And the price isn't bad either (considering it is just a little bigger then the other ones). I may shell out for it....I just may.

quote from GG news section:

New Lord of the Rings

April 2007, brings Gentle Giant’s next releases in the Lord of the Rings mini bust line. These new busts will be the first in the line with a special light-up feature. Gandalf is the guide, mentor and wizened sage to the people of Middle-earth. The Gandalf Light-Up mini bust will retail for $50 and stand 7.5 inches tall. To pair up with the release of Gandalf, Gentle Giant is proud to announce the Balrog Light-Up mini bust. The first great test of the Fellowship of the Ring, the Balrog, will retail for $55 and stands 8 inches tall and 9 inches wide.

JSAuctionService said:

I was going to write the same

yes mouth looks off. still I do not have any balrog and this might be the first taking into account the light up trick

Good news, indeed! :cool:

At this price, it will be hard to say no...

noelleon69 said:
hmm... it says on the site that the balrong... i mean balrog bust will be available april 2007. yeh thanks for announcing so early GG...

(those who have seen the weta balrog statue will know the reference to balrong :cool: )

Mmhh.. I have the Weta Balrog, but I'm still not getting the joke :confused: Can you enlighten me?

dunedain said:
Could be the best Balrog bust ever released

Most likely so, or do you know of other Balrog Busts (besides toys and Garage kits)?

To answer the question of the drawers .. . there were some on both Aragorn and the Rignwraith. With the announcement that the Balrog and GTG busts are light-ups, this makes sense because at SDCC I could not discern a drawer on the GTG bust.

This would also makes sense as to why both the Balrog's mane, and GTG's staff have portions which look translucent --- as if meant to light up.

Verdict: I'm officially excited.

Goliath -- I believe the joke was that on the Daddy Balrog boxes SS/W misprinted the lable and called them "Balrong" instead of Balrog.

Yeah, bring it on! You forgot that someone made a Balrog Candle Votive . . . And that AOME made a Balrog environment. Then again, I wasn't sure if you were only keeping track of those in poly.

Back