GG animated Saruman statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm still not sure about the animated series statues. i like how lotr characters are represented currently by sideshow/weta in their state. and the animated figures being animated, looks too cartoonish for my liking.

maybe i'm too spoilt by the movie :monkey1

tomandshell said:
There are no plans for animated LOTR. Like the upcoming original trilogy Star Wars animated maquettes, these are just done in a certain style, how they would look IF they were to be animated.

Here are some details we got about the line back in February at TF .

* LOTR ANIMATED MAQUETTES will combine the look of Lucas' "Clone Wars" with characters from Middle-earth. Each GG animated-style sculpture will be approved by New Line before release. Saruman (as an unpainted prototype) was the first on display and by golly, the look looks good. Each piece will retail for around $80 each.

tomandshell said:
There are no plans for animated LOTR. Like the upcoming original trilogy Star Wars animated maquettes, these are just done in a certain style, how they would look IF they were to be animated.

That was my understanding too. Glad I didn't just dream that.

I'm actually liking the look of Saruman more than the OT SW ones. Can't wait to see more in the line.

The likeness is way off, if you look at production stills then you will see he is in fact never this skinny not even at the end. Gentle Giant will never sell any at this rate, if you have stock in GG I would sell now because if they keep producing things that are this off then they wont last long for sure. Computer scans my ass that is a pathetic display of craftsmenship.

Jesse

I think it's pretty lame looking as well. Pretty safe bet: I won't be getting any of these...

:chug

Jesseawilson said:
The likeness is way off, if you look at production stills then you will see he is in fact never this skinny not even at the end. Gentle Giant will never sell any at this rate, if you have stock in GG I would sell now because if they keep producing things that are this off then they wont last long for sure. Computer scans my ass that is a pathetic display of craftsmenship.

Jesse

Hammer meet nail.

jlcmsu said:
Looks alright. Not sure if I'll collect it or not but who knows.

jlcmsu said:
The more I look at it the more I'm warming up to the idea of getting these. Gonna have to look these over at SDCC.

jlcmsu said:
Why do I think I'll be collecting yet another LOTR line? :lol

I just find it funny how you go from undecided to be "collecting another line" in such a short time.... :lol

Reminds me of the P.F. Luke and Yoda and Elwood quoted you like 4 or 5 times going from not getting it, to warming up to it, to definitely getting it...

:dance

Jesseawilson said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Agent23 said:
I just find it funny how you go from undecided to be "collecting another line" in such a short time.... :lol

Reminds me of the P.F. Luke and Yoda and Elwood quoted you like 4 or 5 times going from not getting it, to warming up to it, to definitely getting it...

:dance

Kind of like you and the Jack Bauer figures, 12" SW, 12" LOTR, and PF LOTR. :lol I like what I see and I want to get them and will consider it. I wanna see them more before I say yes. I just know that if I can I'll be getting them.

I liked the GG Clone Wars maquettes and this one looks ok, but no thanks.

I'm all set to start this collection, I wasn't so sure but when I saw the pic I really have to collect this line:chew (Well actually the MARVEL and LOTR stuff I'm collecting are overwhelmed by my Star Wars collection and will always be like this... Just a little bit of LOTR (Eaglemoss miniatures, Sideshow Premium Format figures and 12" figures, now Gentle Giant LOTR animated maquette line) MARVEL (Sideshow PFs, dioramas and comiquette, Eaglemoss miniatures) and alot (almost Everything) of STAR WARS (Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Attakus, Master Replicas and some Hasbro)...

I'm getting the animated Leia, but this style has never attracted me really. I don't have many LotR statues either. But that all said, this is pretty cool. If they show a couple more and they're all as cool I just might have to get them.

I was thinking...'You know, I'm gonna draw a line with the GG line. I ain't getting them.'

Then this picture was posted and already I'm planning a move around and where to display them.

Damn You GG, Damn you all to hell...

Now where's my Aragorn?

tomandshell said:

Sorry for the mix up everyone. Tom is right. I just re-read the GG news letter and it is NOT an upcoming animation but rather how they look animated. ....It must have been my wishful thinking. :D

Back