GG 12-inch Vintage Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to say i totally LOATHE GG, i have a new found hatred for them on top of my original hatred for them!
I cant believe i am even still supporting them!
I ordered my Boba Fett last week, and still no notifications of any kind for shipping, only the order notification, and when i type it in on the GG website to check the status, it says no order found!?
Repeated emails to GG have gone un replied.
What the hell are they doing over there, the WORST customer service!
After this i am never EVER buying anything GG again.
hate them hate them hate them...
Not to mention their ridiculous release schedules.
Sorry! had to vent!

I thought I remembered reading on RS that one of the main people at GG was going on vacation for a bit. The slow movements of GG could just be in relation to the August vacation schedule at their HQ.

I got my notice yesterday and will have mine on Thursday - here's hoping for a box with extra inserts!

I got extra inserts, in a pretty perfect unscathed box, and the figure, card, and bubble are all perfect. I'm going to throw Boba up in the sales section in the morning. I think I just ordered him for the fun of it and after seeing everyone in line every day at CV.

I got extra inserts, in a pretty perfect unscathed box, and the figure, card, and bubble are all perfect. I'm going to throw Boba up in the sales section in the morning. I think I just ordered him for the fun of it and after seeing everyone in line every day at CV.

LOL, guess I'm not the only one.

I have to say after owning the Stormtrooper for 2 weeks that these are ridiculous. They are too big to hang and too big to display. I couldn't imagine trying to own the coming set because NO ONE has the room for these. I love the vintage figures and all and these are cool but they are just too big.

I won the Stormtrooper I have but if I'd have paid $85 plus shipping I think I'd have some serious buyers remorse.

No remorse at all. Received mine the other day in mint shape and love it. Boba scehduled to arrive today, hopefully in the same condition. Considering I'm done with any/all of Hasbro's offerings, I cannot wait to get each and every one of these.

They are too big to hang and too big to display. I couldn't imagine trying to own the coming set because NO ONE has the room for these.

This is exactly how I felt when I opened up Boba last night. I would be hard pressed to find display space for even one of these with the huge card they are on. The figure is a nice throwback, but definitely not for me. At this size, figures can be so much more articulated and realistic. Of course we all know this.

Agreed. This whole "12 inch figure" thing is a silly fad that will never catch on....

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I'm lost without the emoticons.

. I couldn't imagine trying to own the coming set because NO ONE has the room for these.

Speak for yourself. :lecture

I'm not displaying mine carded, but there is already a place and plan for all 16+ of these in my office. It won't look too dissimilar to how Gentle Giant had them displayed at SDCC & CV. :yess:

No remorse at all. Received mine the other day in mint shape and love it. Boba scehduled to arrive today, hopefully in the same condition. Considering I'm done with any/all of Hasbro's offerings, I cannot wait to get each and every one of these.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

Haters lose.

Last edited:
Agreed. This whole "12 inch figure" thing is a silly fad that will never catch on....

Okay, maybe I should rephrase. NO ONE has room for these CARDED! This one figure carded takes up more room than my 1:1 Bossk bust. That is a lot of display space for a very niche collectible.

These are also bigger than most 12-inch figures and come with so stands. You will need to find a way to get them to stand up on their own or make/buy stands.

Trust me. Everyone is all "loving" on these now but wait until they have 5 of them in their collection and trying to figure out how to display them.

Okay, maybe I should rephrase. NO ONE has room for these CARDED! This one figure carded takes up more room than my 1:1 Bossk bust. That is a lot of display space for a very niche collectible.
What makes you think everyone will display them carded? They're packaged in such a way that the figure can be easily removed without damaging the bubble or card at all. Only the truly OCD would plan to never remove them.

These are also bigger than most 12-inch figures and come with so stands. You will need to find a way to get them to stand up on their own or make/buy stands.
They stand quite easily on their own. And some display putty could be put underneath their feet for those afraid they might fall. No stands necessary whatsoever.

Trust me. Everyone is all "loving" on these now but wait until they have 5 of them in their collection and trying to figure out how to display them.
I've already figured out how to display as many as 20-25 of them. All loose, of course.

And not everyone will display these. Many will remain boxed in closets like so many of our other collectibles. I can see why people are split on these, but this is a line that certainly has my attention.

And not everyone will display these. Many will remain boxed in closets like so many of our other collectibles.
Oh, I'm sure. But I've never understood that, personally. It's like a sickness, OCD coupled with Hoarding. It makes zero sense, but I guess those folks can't help it.

LOL, guess I'm not the only one.

I have to say after owning the Stormtrooper for 2 weeks that these are ridiculous. They are too big to hang and too big to display. I couldn't imagine trying to own the coming set because NO ONE has the room for these. I love the vintage figures and all and these are cool but they are just too big.

I won the Stormtrooper I have but if I'd have paid $85 plus shipping I think I'd have some serious buyers remorse.

You have a nice mustache, very old timey. :wave

Back