Getting Statues signed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacleee

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all, if it happens that I get statues signed by comic author or creator etc..., what are your suggestions as to where I should have them sign it?
My initial thought was to sign it underneath the statue, but I am not sure if that's a smart move at all.
Any past experience or photos?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a thread of this on the General section. I was wondering as some statues look cool if it was signed somewhere else. Example is a lot of people got their Spidey Comi signed on the back of the wall. I think it looks cool. There was another person where they got their Cap signed on his shield. Idk about that one but it's creative and unique.

Hi all, if it happens that I get statues signed by comic author or creator etc..., what are your suggestions as to where I should have them sign it?
My initial thought was to sign it underneath the statue, but I am not sure if that's a smart move at all.
Any past experience or photos?

I always look to see if there is anywhere on the base I can squeeze a signature. If I can't find a place on the base, then I'd get a signature underneath the base. The only place I will not get a signature is on the actual figure/statue itself. I personally don't care for how that looks.

Thank you all for the feedback,
I am definitely on side with signing on base or underneath
and yes, I agree spiderman comiquette wall would be exception.

I just hope the new spiderman comiquette does not cost more than $300, but that's a discussion in the spiderman thread.

To each their own. If I was to have a statue signed I would want the signature displayed or else what is the point of the signature? The only plausible answer I can think of is to increase the value.

Mark Brooks signed and drew on my Scarlet Witch comiquette base, on the top. It in no way takes away from the piece, it looks ****ing awesome. There is no point in having them sign it if you can't see it.

Mark Brooks signed and drew on my Scarlet Witch comiquette base, on the top. It in no way takes away from the piece, it looks ****ing awesome. There is no point in having them sign it if you can't see it.

I'd like to see that. Do you have a pic of it?

4f810ed5-bef0-41e7-bc7e-248e4537ee41x1280.JPG

That's pretty sweet. I was thinking of getting my DP signed by Liefeld and my Hulk by Stan on top of their bases

the wall of spiderman comiquette is an exception, imo.

I will say I agree with this. It's not like I'd want it to be signed in the white of Spidey's eye. :rotfl

But like I said, I'm not sure a statue is the ideal piece in general to get signed. I'd be all for a flat side or on a base but not on Thor's hammer.

To be honest I bought a Marvel and DC Encyclopedia I get signed at Cons. I know the same could be said about not displaying all the autographs and sketches, but there's something about having the legends of the industry in a book I can read through.

But again, to reiterate, whatever you enjoy then get it signed there!

For the most part the base is the way to go. Above or below the base...doesn't matter. I wouldn't have the statue itself signed though, it just ruins the art. I recently got my Hulk maquette signed by Stan lee. If I got him to sign Hulks chest or back I think it would have looked totally ridiculous.

Chris

I always sign the base. It all depends on the piece, but when given the choice, the base is the way to go. Preferably so that it is visible without being detracting.

Here's an example of my Ray Park sig on one of my darth maul statues...

At the end of the day to each there own, I really think it depends on the statue, some call for it on the bottom base, and others call for it else where. I have the spiderman comiquette and have it signed on the wall, but then I have my silver surfer comiquette signed on the base, I have my thanos signed by stan lee on the board behind him. So really it just depends on you and what you think works for your statue.

Back