Getting ready for house move

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choombaz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is not how you display a collection lol
Getting ready for a house move, if anyone has any tips for a successful no-damage house move would love to hear them! I’ve heard some real horror stories about breakages and flaking pleather.

IMG_5040.jpeg
IMG_5041.jpeg
IMG_5042.jpeg
IMG_5043.jpeg
IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5045.jpeg
IMG_5046.jpeg
IMG_5048.jpeg
IMG_5049.jpeg
IMG_5050.jpeg
IMG_5051.jpeg
IMG_5052.jpeg

Before I moved a few years ago, someone here mentioned wrapping up multiple boxes (like 6 or 8) together using plastic shrinkwrap. Easier to move, stack and fairly protective if you have shippers. I moved cross country with about 200 figures and had .0005% breakage with this method.

Before I moved a few years ago, someone here mentioned wrapping up multiple boxes (like 6 or 8) together using plastic shrinkwrap. Easier to move, stack and fairly protective if you have shippers. I moved cross country with about 200 figures and had .0005% breakage with this method.
Great idea, thank you!

I used to work for UPS. As someone who had to pack boxes to withstand getting thrown across warehouses, I can tell you a few major tips:

1. Don't stack anything on top of them
2. Movement is your enemy, if you can shake the box and hear movement, you're allowing them to bang around inside. It's better to pack a box to the brim than to leave things isolated thinking that it'll be less likely to get damaged.
3. Bubble wrap everything. No paper.
4. I would avoid packing peanuts, they end up being messy, and for moving versus shipping, you should just use a layer of bubble wrap around everything.

I would try to keep these isolated from other boxes during your move. I transported most of my collectibles in my own vehicle (legos, figures, comics).

Good luck.

I used to work for UPS. As someone who had to pack boxes to withstand getting thrown across warehouses, I can tell you a few major tips:

1. Don't stack anything on top of them
2. Movement is your enemy, if you can shake the box and hear movement, you're allowing them to bang around inside. It's better to pack a box to the brim than to leave things isolated thinking that it'll be less likely to get damaged.
3. Bubble wrap everything. No paper.
4. I would avoid packing peanuts, they end up being messy, and for moving versus shipping, you should just use a layer of bubble wrap around everything.

I would try to keep these isolated from other boxes during your move. I transported most of my collectibles in my own vehicle (legos, figures, comics).

Good luck.
Thank you all great points. I’ve saved all my bubble wrap so it’s going to come in handy and yes I’ve always moved my own collectibles etc.

Back