Getting a little tired of XBox live

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some idiots are suing Microsoft for X-Box Live "Outtages"

Microsoft now faces a lawsuit over recent problems with its Xbox Live online gaming service. Three Texas residents filed a lawsuit Friday on behalf of themselves and others who have had trouble connecting to Xbox Live in recent weeks.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Houston, claims Microsoft's outages represent a breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation for which the software maker is liable. The suit doesn't claim specific damages, but notes the amount is in excess of $5 million.

In the suit, the plaintiffs allege that Microsoft should have known strong holiday sales would tax its servers. "Microsoft knew the increase in subscriptions would increase game-play on its servers, yet failed to provide adequate access and service to Xbox Live and its subscribers," read the filing.

Microsoft has apologized for the outage and said it would allow Xbox live subscribers to download a free game. A Microsoft representative was not immediately available for comment.

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6184323.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2

They have no chance of winning. Maybe a class action lawsuit would have a shot but no way a regular lawsuit. Plus the max damages would be at the most a a few dollars since the service was only down a few days.

Some idiots are suing Microsoft for X-Box Live "Outtages"

Microsoft now faces a lawsuit over recent problems with its Xbox Live online gaming service. Three Texas residents filed a lawsuit Friday on behalf of themselves and others who have had trouble connecting to Xbox Live in recent weeks.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Houston, claims Microsoft's outages represent a breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation for which the software maker is liable. The suit doesn't claim specific damages, but notes the amount is in excess of $5 million.

In the suit, the plaintiffs allege that Microsoft should have known strong holiday sales would tax its servers. "Microsoft knew the increase in subscriptions would increase game-play on its servers, yet failed to provide adequate access and service to Xbox Live and its subscribers," read the filing.

Microsoft has apologized for the outage and said it would allow Xbox live subscribers to download a free game. A Microsoft representative was not immediately available for comment.

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6184323.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2

Typical, it may be annoying, but hardly worth suing over. Of course some idiot out there will always try to make an easy buck by trying to use a meaningless lawsuit.

live is still buggy as hell...took almost 15 mins to find a game in COD4 with 3 buddies in one room...thats not counting the 20 mins it took to get everyone in the room...live is taxed....forget playing saturdays anymore ...they need an upgrade

I was having a bit of trouble a few hours ago but it seems to be up and running fine now. We got 8 people playing GoW right now.

Live has been working 100% as it normally should for me the past week. It was just acting up during that week or two when MS was having that "traffic" trouble.

Live is still very reliable in my book and this was the first time I experienced any problem with it.

It was acting up again last night. Got kicked out of a couple matches of Halo and was having problems connecting to games as well :emperor

Seemed to be better around 9 pm though.

I tried it last night-just came back to college and I wanted to see if it would work on the campus network. Tried some COD4 and at first it wasn't connecting then it finally connected and it was really laggy, then I tried again later and it instantly connected without lag, so that's good news.

The problems for me weren't Christmas related but latest update related. My live had been slow for weeks since the update and at Christmas it got worse. But for the past week or so its been fine.

Concerning the free game, I hope its something good. I'd love it to be Marble Ultra Blast. It could be considered a launch game but the multiplayer is just good old fashion fun. It still shows up on the top 10 Live games of the week every once in a while.

Also I have Bomberman and its a lot of fun. Watch out for the ranked matches though because those guys are a little TOO good at the game.

Will the free game be one specific title that everybody gets (even if they already have it), or will it be a "token" good for one free game of your choice?

It's acting up again tonight.

I'm having trouble signing on too.

And Tom, I imagine it's going to be a code good for one game download of your choice. It'd be pretty f'n lame if it was your first option.

Yup live is acting up again, just when I thought the problem was solved.

Back