Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
523164_10150632472301375_1308858553_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150632472301375&set=a.402329701374.177349.697876374&type=3&theater
That looks really good. Used to love that power droid as a kid. Hmmm, kinda tempting!

GG has suckered me into this line... dang happy nostalgic childhood memories!

I can't justify the price of the cardboard Cantina to myself, so I printed my own backdrops :)

IMAG2025.jpg

Kind of disappointed with the build quality. Don't get me wrong they look great, but stuff like this should not happen at $75+ a pop.

IMAG2042.jpg

I can't justify the price of the cardboard Cantina to myself, so I printed my own backdrops :)

IMAG2025.jpg

That is a great idea. If GG wasn't charging the ridiculous $90 for these I'd say they should definitely do these as well. Is there a way to scale them for the 12" figures without losing resolution quality?

Yeah, that's lame. Is it actually broken or just popped off?
I guess it's popped off, I can stick it back in to hole in the leg, but it's loose. Maybe some Krazy Glue is in order?

kl241 said:
That is a great idea. If GG wasn't charging the ridiculous $90 for these I'd say they should definitely do these as well. Is there a way to scale them for the 12" figures without losing resolution quality?
Mine came out very good quality. I'm no expert but I think the main thing is to start out with a high resolution image in the first place.
This is a good resource I found if anybody wants to give it a try - https://www.erikstormtrooper.com/backgrnd.htm

Couldn't find a good enough scan of the Early Bird background so I scanned my own. Took a while to knit the pieces together on Photoshop but it came out good enough I guess. Some one more talented than me could probably smooth out the small blemishes.

I think I am going to pass on large luke.
If anyone needs to have him ordered and is not a PMG member--Pm me and we can work out details

Here's the list from Rebelscum.

12" JUMBO VINTAGE KENNER FIGURES:

Ben Kenobi
Blue Snaggletooth - SDCC Exclusive
Boba Fett - CV Exclusive
Bossk
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Death Squad Commander
Death Star Droid
Gamorrean Guard - 2012 PGM Gift #3
Greedo
Hammerhead
Han Solo
Jawa
Jawa (Vinyl Cape) - SDCC Exclusive
Lando Calrissian - CVI Exclusive
Luke Skywalker
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
Power Droid
Princess Leia Organa
R2-D2
R5-D4
Red Snaggletooth
Rocket Firing Boba Fett
Sand People
Stormtrooper - SW Backer Card
Stormtrooper - SDCC Exclusive
Walrus Man
Yoda

WOW! That's quite a list so far. Kenner did over a 100 figures ultimately, not counting all the sets and the band and the dianoga and separate stuff like that, right? Wonder if they'll go the distance?

Which one is the best so far? Although I guess that's subjective. Which is the most coveted right now?

The CV Boba. Firstly, it's Boba Fett and secondly, it was a convention exclusive. He'll get released on an ESB card like the Stormtrooper eventually did. I think R2 turned out well, too.

The CV Boba. Firstly, it's Boba Fett and secondly, it was a convention exclusive. He'll get released on an ESB card like the Stormtrooper eventually did. I think R2 turned out well, too.

Isnt the esb a rocket firing as well?

Yep, they have a rocket Fett on pre-sale. 92 vintage SW figs, excludes jabba, rebo band, blue snag, etc

What else is Gentle Giant gonna do? It pretty much guarantees Star Wars sales for the next 5-10 years.

Several months ago I suggested they do replicas of the vintage 12" figures too (not in larger scale, but now that I think of it ...)

The guy who replied to my email thought it was a great idea, but I'm not sure the chances of it actually happening.

Back