Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also looked at the GG photos with the small figure in the shot and I can't see a difference. Did they change the actual production piece from the proto? Are there any photos showing this? I hope this isn't the case, cause what's the point of going for nostalgia, but making it different? Anyway, I hope they make all the original figures up through Jedi. I really want the Biker Scout and obviously Boushh. Looking forward to 2-1B as well. He was my favorite ESB figure.

:goodpost::pray::pray::pray:

Got the processing notice today for BF.

Same! Woohoo... blue snaggs is about to have company.

Interested to see how well the rocket fires (or how poorly.)

This is one figure I can't wait to get.

Gammy is in the house! It's a very impressive figure compared to the other ones in this line that I've seen in person. I love the coin -- much better than I had expected. My bubble did get a bit crushed, unfortunately. I did a little writeup on my site if anyone is interested.

gg_jumbo_potf_gamorrean1.jpg

gg_jumbo_potf_gamorrean2.jpg

gg_jumbo_potf_gamorrean4.jpg
gg_jumbo_potf_gamorrean5.jpg

gg_jumbo_potf_gamorrean3.jpg

Hasbro should have just used the old Kenner mold and blown it up for their 12" Gammy - the body looks better on the jumbo. Shows what an amazing job Kenner did back in the day. Would be interested to see a "realistic" paint up of that jumbo vintage.

Got my Gammy today
This big lug is awesome
Now to decide---leave in package or take out and play

Jeez if I pull the trigger on Tama 3PO, it will be GG rocket Boba, SSC Snowie and Threepio all in a week or two ($650...):panic:

WOW they are up to 40 figures with new announcement...including all 6 Bounty Hunters and other ESB figs...I might end up with a few more of these...

WOW they are up to 40 figures with new announcement...including all 6 Bounty Hunters and other ESB figs...I might end up with a few more of these...

I was gonna stop with the original 20/21 (including Fett), but I might pick up Yoda, a Snowtrooper and the Bounty Hunters to rep ESB. Also, I got the PGM Gammy, so if they make Ackbar, Biker Scout and Royal Guard I'll get those to rep ROTJ. That'd make for a nice collection and display with these figures, IMHO.

I was gonna stop with the original 20/21 (including Fett), but I might pick up Yoda, a Snowtrooper and the Bounty Hunters to rep ESB. Also, I got the PGM Gammy, so if they make Ackbar, Biker Scout and Royal Guard I'll get those to rep ROTJ. That'd make for a nice collection and display with these figures, IMHO.

The ROTJ figs - and POTF figs - would be awesome in this line. The sculpts by then were getting really quite good for the era. The feet on the Kenner Gammy have a sculpt that is about as good as the much later 12" Hasbro Gammy - pretty incredible. Love to see some of Jabba's goons in Kenner 12".

By the look of that GG release sheet, these figs must be selling pretty well.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/news/images2013a/CollectAll40.jpg

Last edited:
Back