Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i seriously was contemplating it a while back, then i talked myself out of it.............now i'm thinking about it again..............:gah:

damn these are heavy life issues waller........:panic:

Just don't go and make a 1/4 scale version. :horror

Arent there thoses 70s 12 inch stormtroopers? theyre a bit diff actually but are like $20 for you guys and you get to have original 70s artefacts :lol

I forgot I bought Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper at CV. :lol

Not sure why I bothered. They seemed interesting at the time but, meh. I should sell them while they're hot, especially between the Blu-Ray releases and the holiday season coming up. I can't believe the Stormtrooper goes for about $130 and Boba Fett, $315. :google

And to think I thought $85 a pop was bad along with that convention line . . .

Jumbo Kenner Yoda. Pretty amazing that they seemed to scale up the exact fabric of his robe:

ggpgmorangesnakeyoda100512.jpg

awwww crap !!!!!!!!!!..............i'm going to have to cave on this one..............:gah:

The production fabric better be the same or there will be Hell to pay, like when Luke didn't get those units on the South Ridge repaired by midday.

I must be in the minority but I have no nostalgia for the old Kenner figs. I remember ruefully playing with them as a lad and imagining them with more detail, articulation and movie accuracy. What Hasbro's releasing now is about what I was hoping for back in those days. It's a neat idea, though, gotta give GG some credit for that. Only figure that kind of got a twinge from me was Hammerhead because he was one of my favourites, for some reason.

^^^

The Vintage Star Wars figures started my whole obsession with action figures and were the catalyst for my large collection of toys today.

Hammerhead was always my favorite as well. It took me a long time to find him. My entire family was aware of my search and would always look for him. I remember going to the mall and my mom would say "we can look at toys but we won't be buying any today.". And I would reply "unless they have Hammerhead, right?". "yes." she would say. "if they have Hammerhead, of course we'll get him". It went like that for a while. Until finally one day at a Walgreens in Gadsden, Alabama. I was with my uncle and I had finally found Hammerhead. My uncle and I jumped up and down in the toy aisle in the middle of the store. I think he was just as excited as I was. I have never forgotten that moment and it will stick with me for forever.

^^^

The Vintage Star Wars figures started my whole obsession with action figures and were the catalyst for my large collection of toys today.

Hammerhead was always my favorite as well. It took me a long time to find him. My entire family was aware of my search and would always look for him. I remember going to the mall and my mom would say "we can look at toys but we won't be buying any today.". And I would reply "unless they have Hammerhead, right?". "yes." she would say. "if they have Hammerhead, of course we'll get him". It went like that for a while. Until finally one day at a Walgreens in Gadsden, Alabama. I was with my uncle and I had finally found Hammerhead. My uncle and I jumped up and down in the toy aisle in the middle of the store. I think he was just as excited as I was. I have never forgotten that moment and it will stick with me for forever.

That story sums up the joy & nostalgia of vintage SW in a nutshell! Thanks for sharing!

Back