GENTLE GIANT....YOUR HAVING A LAUGH....LIMITED EDITIONS???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: reeeper

I wonder what the original estimates/expectations for ES of Vader and Yoda were?

I thought Vader would have a 10,000 ES and Yoda would have a 7,500 ES.

I thought the Speeder Bike had a 1,500 ES when I ordered mine :)balrog ), but then I thought it would be 3,000 after GG announced that the ES was being increased due to demand.

What really bothers me about all of this is that dealers were told that the ES was 1,500 when the preorders went up. I quickly ordered mine from Bob before they sold out. Now, I need to cancel to save some money with the large ES, but I get charged 5% for doing so.

It just makes me mad that Gentle Giant gave the dealers information that turned out to be MAJORLY false. If they increased the ES to 2,000-2,500, then no big deal and I still would have preordered. A 5,000 ES means that I should put the Biker Scout on the backburner for a while since they will be around. This is much like what I did with Gothmog, where I just bought one for $180.00. How does that make those who paid $300.00 for him feel? It would drive me crazy to know that I paid full price when I could have paid significantly less.

Yea Ive noticed a lot sites have them back up, if you take a look at the other boards a lot of people have cancelled their orders.

Oxbeard, remember that just because a particular site is sold out or not...it doesn't mean a whole lot since they may not order as many as possible. They may've only ordered so many, regardless of the LE size.

Yeah, I understand that. It's just that I also anticipate that these retailers place an order with at least an estimation in mind on the edition, like everyone's understanding of 1500 on the speederbike. Then if the demand has been high with increased amounts of preorders, that they will try to order more especially if the ES is announced to be larger than first anticipated. Back to the speederbike, it looks like most retailers were sold out prior to the actual ES being announced, and now that it has been I would expect many to have tried to order additional quantities. Of course, like I mentioned before you have to factor in too the many cancellations that are apparently happening and then we see many of these items that were sold out now available for preorder again.

Of course, I know too that sometimes maybe even a lot of the time orders are placed with no idea was the ES is going to be and I can only guess that these orders are based on previous sales history of similar items. And I'm sure this is going to vary greatly depending on the size of the retailer and how long they have been in business. I was just using entertainmentearth as an example because I have done quite a bit of business with them, but they are a much larger retailer and also have a wholesale client base too.

But in the end I honestly don't care how many of anything they make as long as I am able to get the pieces I want. I just wish they would set a number and stick with it, that way you can have an idea of whether you need to preorder while you can or whether you'll have a better chance saving a lot of money on eBay after it releases.

Well, yeah if I was a dealer I would be pissed for sure cause I would think this hurts them way worse than any of us. Thats why I order from Bob or Adam on several things and just let it ride.

Unlike Sideshow orders dealers have to worry about their GG orders being allocated(spell?).

I guess. I don't know how much different GG is than SS when it comes to that stuff.

But in the end I honestly don't care how many of anything they make as long as I am able to get the pieces I want. I just wish they would set a number and stick with it, that way you can have an idea of whether you need to preorder while you can or whether you'll have a better chance saving a lot of money on eBay after it releases.

I couldn't have said it better myself Ox. That's exactly how I feel.

Back