Gentle Giant Walking Dead Maggie statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised no one has posted some of these yet but this is Maggie from SDCC- looks like GG has been working on the sculpt because she looks INCREDIBLE.

I put my PO in :D

sdcc2015_gentlegiant_10.jpg

SDCC2015-Gentle-Giant-Walking-Dead-005.jpg

SDCC2015-Gentle-Giant-Walking-Dead-006.jpg

SDCC2015-Gentle-Giant-Walking-Dead-007.jpg

SDCC2015-Gentle-Giant-Walking-Dead-008.jpg
SDCC2015-Gentle-Giant-Walking-Dead-009.jpg

Wowza...that looks great! I can't get it though. I can't. I can't get EVERYTHING! Can I? :lol

The updated proto looks a lot like her! Is that still the proto? Or is that a production piece? That can't be production...if it is, that'd be insane. I'd assume the production pieces will have a bit of a softer look/resemblance. When is this due out? Could this be production? No, that'd be nutty. I need to look it up. :lol

**EDIT** Okay, so I looked it up and it looks like it's 1/4th, which is cool, but that means it's $359.99, which may knock it out of reach, as I don't have any other Walking Dead pieces. While I love the actress, I'm not sure that'd be worthwhile. I mean, the only way I'd even consider it (and I really can't :lol) would be if what was shown at SDCC was the production pieces.

Since it doesn't ship until 4th quarter this year, I'm guessing that's pretty unlikely. Any further word?

Its been quiet, so no firm info. I only want this because I like the actress, which is the same I did for Scar Jo Widow and would have done for Artemisia Eva Green. If you like the actress, go with it. She's going to be gorgeous and another home run from GG. I sure as hell will not be returning this one!

I THINK I'd be safe ordering after, as I don't think she'd sell out before in-hand pics are available. The images above are fantastic, but I've really gotta pick and choose what's best due to our dollar sucking so bad. This is over $400 just on exchange alone, before shipping or customs fees! Not sure she'd be worth all that in the end! :lol

Gentle Giant is a mixed bag when it comes to final products, in my mind, at least. If she turns out like this though, that'd be stunning!

I agree, but with how they are doing with the digital scans of the actual actors and actress, the likeness is to be stunning alone. Add the great details and paint, I'd expect this to be selling out after the first batch of pics. People will then keep their orders lol. Though I do agree with what you mean, gotta plan it out first. :lol

I'll probably have to wait on it. Until it's released, or production pics come and then I'll decide. I'm sure it'll sell really well if it comes out like the pictures above! She looks fantastic! It's one of those, "If it sells out, it sells out," things where I wouldn't be too upset. It's crazy how this would add up to $450-500 Canadian in the end. I think there's just too much on deck for me to go that route for someone I really like, but isn't vital to the collection. I'm just really stunned by those pictures above...it looks fantastic!

Nice pictures. This piece looks very impressive and eye-catching. Oh, and how I hate watermarks right in the dead-center of photos likes these. :(

I really want to get these statues but it seems that no one collects them.

Does anyone have any in hand photos of the already released statues like Daryl?

That's what I'd be afraid of. I personally feel that GG final paints are always lacking definition. That Darryl is pretty terrible in the face, as he looks more Asian than anything. It's hard to get Reedus down in the end because his eyes do squint so much, but I've never seen a piece that had a good likeness to him.

While I think the likeness would be closer with Maggie, something tells me the paints would be just as soft, fairly flat and likely leave out the extra detail that some of the recent SDCC pictures showed. I mean, those LOOK like Lauren so much so that if that was the final piece, I'm sure it'd be a huge seller. It could end up close to it, but this would be why I'd be hesitant to drop anything close to the amount that I'd need to drop before seeing the final piece.

Fingers crossed it looks as good though! That'd be great for fans!

Really like TWD, and this figure in particular. While her face could be more detailed, I like how the body looks. I'm thinking of pre-ordering, but does anyone know of an approximate release date for it? I don't see one on the Gentle Giant site.

Really like TWD, and this figure in particular. While her face could be more detailed, I like how the body looks. I'm thinking of pre-ordering, but does anyone know of an approximate release date for it? I don't see one on the Gentle Giant site.

GG has Q4 of 2015 which isnt going to happen. I would say next Summer would be a decent estimate. Keep in mind their statues always get pushed back. Captain America was supposed to ship Q1 and is now shipping the end of this month.

GG has Q4 of 2015 which isnt going to happen. I would say next Summer would be a decent estimate. Keep in mind their statues always get pushed back. Captain America was supposed to ship Q1 and is now shipping the end of this month.

Unfortunately that's just Gentle Giants SOP. :impatient:

I hate that they do this habitually but having said that their statues always look amazing more time than not. :D

I am really tempted to get this, mainly because I love Maggie, but also because I don't foresee her getting much else collectible wise. However, I am wondering if she will fit into my Ikea Detolf?

Back