Gentle Giant to do Lord of the Rings full-poly's?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
I know that. I was talking about the GG SW busts not the SSW ones. :)

Ok, now I get it - I thought by SW you meant Sideshow Weta, but now I understand you mean Star Wars :duh

Does anyone seriously know where any pirated photos are that were taken of these?

Found this link thanks to the Last Alliance board:

Link

At about 2:08 minutes in the video you see Karl Z Meyer showing a Frodo figure :wacky:

Frodo_video.jpg

The image quality will be better if you watch the video yourself :eek:

Thanks for the link I'm a little more intrested now in seeing what they can do with the LOTR busts.

I have spoken to several people that were at toyfair and not one has made mention of actually seeing the gift box thing on the bust. They all have said though that the Aragorn/Viggo likeness is amazing. I know that they did scans of all the actors and the pic above of the Frodo is actually from a video clip of Karl Meyer talking about it is GG does. Don't have the link her but I will look around for it.

This Frodo figure (or maquette?) has actually been made for the movies. It seems that they also worked a little bit on it and provided some kinds of scans/maquettes/whatever...
Concerning the animated thingie I am a little bit on the fence because while it's cool for Star Wars, the style just doesnt fit into this fantasy world in my opinion.
The busts will be very interesting nontheless. It's a shame no one was able to get a pic or something...

From what I understand you had to go to the GG booth and ask to see the pcs and a Rep would stand there while you are looking at it.

jimmyjamesf said:
...the pic above of the Frodo is actually from a video clip of Karl Meyer talking about it is GG does. Don't have the link her but I will look around for it.

...or read my post again :D

Thanks Goliath! Not really alot of LOTR info there but good to see the Frodo shot and an interesting insight into Karl and GG itself!

I need an animatronic Balrog that opens his mouth and lights my cigar.

"Comes with Shadow and Flame-Action!!!"

Back