Gentle Giant to do Lord of the Rings full-poly's?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[Cipher]

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Check out the latest post on the Gentle Giant Blog (https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/). It offers some news on the ToyFair items, and one nice last sentence:
More to come in a web update later this week - including more info on Lord of the Rings, Dragonkind, Simpsons, and more!
Could GG have hit another license jackpot and got the follow-up right to do full polystone statues and/or busts??
Let the speculations begin... :)

Long live the Last-Alliance! :naughty

I bet htey will do at least some dioramas...
Everything exept bust ups would be great!!!

I hope they do!! This could end up being very good as long as they dont do bust ups. They always do good human likenesses and we may finally get some of the stuff that everyone wished sideshow would do. I'm thinking Treebeard statue, fellowship pippin, Denethor, Faramir, and maybe some new versions of peoples favorites, imagine a new large balrog statue or a large fell beast!!:google
Question is what would you all do with your sideshow collections if GG made a full range of cool stuff?

That could be interesting. I'd be very interested of course because I want great LOTR collectibles. However, I will be sending virtually all my money to SS for the 1/4 and 12".

How is GG compared to SSW and SS in price????? Never bought a GG piece before.....................sorry.

What type of material do they use..........is it "poly"-like????????

Hopefully DD............if it is close to the Weta material. Hopefully they use the same types of bases as WETA.

Just Googled GG and LotR and it seems that GG went down and did Head Scans of all the LotR actors back during filming.

This was on behalf of Toy Biz but I wonder if having this cataloge of Scans infulenced them into starting their own LotR range.

Article here

GG's paint is usually just about flawless, this could be interesting .... :horror

Collector Freak said:
"Poly's"?

First, that's a really dumb term. Second, GG doesn't use Polystone.

I thought Polystone is spelled with a hugh "TM" at the end?? Can anyone else use that??

Back