Gentle Giant Snaga Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, and I am not trying to be a jerk or anything; but for me anyway even in the case of the busts being something I like the bases just have always detracted for me. In my opinion because GG cuts the characters off where they do, they need to give them more height, they come off too clunky as they are.

The SSW bases are rather boring, but that's a good thing, they are elegant and simple and draw your attention not to gimmick but the subject itself.

:cool:

I don't take it you're being a jerk but I also know you don't care for GG either. The bases to me work with the subject and add something cool to them but thats just me.

Not to be a jerk or anything (I''m already one) but I see paint rubs on his forehead...

I went and checked there's no rub on his head not sure what the deal is in the pic.

Glad i stopped collecting GG's LOTR bust after the Ringwraith, even when i did snag a ring just not up to SS/WETA. I would sooner save my dosh and get the more exspensive Weta ones i'm missing.

I love the SSW stuff I really do but I was never a big fan of the busts. I really prefer GG busts to the SSW ones plus they're cheaper to get and I like saving a bit of $$.

I love the SSW stuff I really do but I was never a big fan of the busts. I really prefer GG busts to the SSW ones plus they're cheaper to get and I like saving a bit of $$.

Whoa, I thought I would never hear that coming from you. GG over SSW!?

I love SS and SSW but I'm not in love with everything they do despite what some want to believe.

I like and think its a nice piece, but I don't plan to buy it. I've only been interested enough to buy a couple of the GG LOTR busts so far.

With GG's track record with screwing over their customer base with exclusives, I decided to get out of the line VERY early. I had the Strider bust and as LOTRFan stated earlier, the base was not my cup of tea. I definitely prefer the standardized and classically simple bases found on the SS/Weta line.

This character is cool, though. I collect the baddies and would have liked to have seen it in the SS/Weta line of busts. (Along with "Skully", "Gothmog" and a Fell Beast.)

Yeah, GG track record with customers sucks but they do make a nice product (IMO). Like I said the bases I like because they're different and 2 me add to the bust.

I don't understand the hate for GG becuase of Exclusives. SS makes exclusives that are much harder to get. Grey Hulk, the bronze stuff, etc. And the GG exclusives weren't that hard to get on the secondary market for a fair price.

I don't understand the hate for GG becuase of Exclusives. SS makes exclusives that are much harder to get. Grey Hulk, the bronze stuff, etc. And the GG exclusives weren't that hard to get on the secondary market for a fair price.

They make the exclusives much harder to get than SS does. Yes, SS may make an exclusive that only has an ES of 50 but its in the newsletter where EVERYONE has a chance to get the item. GG on the other hand makes an exclusive to say Celebration Japan which virtually nobody can get to. They've done this MULTIPLE times and is way way harder to get their items.

They make the exclusives much harder to get than SS does. Yes, SS may make an exclusive that only has an ES of 50 but its in the newsletter where EVERYONE has a chance to get the item. GG on the other hand makes an exclusive to say Celebration Japan which virtually nobody can get to. They've done this MULTIPLE times and is way way harder to get their items.

That right there has caused quite a few people to drop GG. SS knows how to do exclusives without cheating their fans.

Thnx!! I'm only missing Elrond but I just can't get myself to purchase it cause the bust reminds me more of Helen Hunt than Hugo. :lol

Back