Gentle Giant Sauron Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correction on that Orc . . .I did a double take on it from all sides. Even though the skin tone is that of Snaga or Gorbag, it really is none other than the famous Warg rider that Aragorn killed -- Sharku. So, if you look closely, it's an Orc in Warg Rider outfit. And he is sporting his Warg knife.

Yes, and the nice thing about this is that he would be a welcome sight since he hasn't been done yet in bust or statue mode.

Right. This is one of those that I'll get even though he's outside the Fellowship of course.

Haven't seen this yet...

Wow, another winner from GG. This thing looks fantastic! And I love red accent lighting at the base :D

Is GG looking at doing a treebeard bust? Not sure how they will ever be able to outdo the SS/W version. IMO the best SS/W bust ever done!

Personally I don't think it's Snaga, Gorbag or Sharku. It's probably just some random Orc. :idea

Snaga's armor had some fur around it, Sharku had more skin showing and Gorbag had hair. Also, the funny this is that Snaga wasn't actually blue skinned, it just looked that way in the night scene.

Correction on that Orc . . .I did a double take on it from all sides. Even though the skin tone is that of Snaga or Gorbag, it really is none other than the famous Warg rider that Aragorn killed -- Sharku. So, if you look closely, it's an Orc in Warg Rider outfit. And he is sporting his Warg knife.

Are you talking about this one?

DSC06159.jpg

Cause that looks nothing like Sharku

etp_sharku2_tn.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

Personally I don't think it's Snaga, Gorbag or Sharku. It's probably just some random Orc. :idea

Snaga's armor had some fur around it, Sharku had more skin showing and Gorbag had hair. Also, the funny this is that Snaga wasn't actually blue skinned, it just looked that way in the night scene.

Right about the blue skin.

snaga.jpg

snaga.jpg

Doesn't mean they didn't use the night shot as reference and go with blue skin though. :D

Man - GG is hittin'em outta the park!

Does anyone know if they will be doing full statues??

For the time being, I don't think so. I really really really really really wanted the giant Sauron on top of the GG Booth at SDCC; along with the He-Who-Must-Be-Named (even though the Voldemort from the movies looks comical, not terrifying, but that's another thread)

So just who is the Orc? No clue as yet?

Sauron looks good though. The so called 'big' Sauron isn't a bust product right, just a booth display?

Do they actually mean what they said in the display "No photography please"? I mean there are so many pictures taken of stuff at SDCC.

So just who is the Orc? No clue as yet?

Sauron looks good though. The so called 'big' Sauron isn't a bust product right, just a booth display?

Do they actually mean what they said in the display "No photography please"? I mean there are so many pictures taken of stuff at SDCC.

The Orc is called Snaga. He was the one who wanted to cut off some of Merry and Pippin legs in order to eat and Ugluk put a stop to that pretty quickly.

Guys, I know I've said it before, but I gotta say it again. Take the plunge on the Sauron and you won't be disappointed. The scale is perfect and the detail is terrific. It really blew me away at SDCC. People were constantly piled up around the display case looking at it.

It's a a commanding piece... kinda like Sauron himself!

And by the way... that Orc is 100& Snaga. Great call by whoever figured it out.

Guys, I know I've said it before, but I gotta say it again. Take the plunge on the Sauron and you won't be disappointed. The scale is perfect and the detail is terrific. It really blew me away at SDCC. People were constantly piled up around the display case looking at it.

It's a a commanding piece... kinda like Sauron himself!

And by the way... that Orc is 100& Snaga. Great call by whoever figured it out.

I agree. Sauron was pretty damn cool.

Is this Sauron available for pre-order yet?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the smaller busts of Giomli, Legolas, and Eowyn? They seem pretty umimpressive from the pics I've seen, hardly worth the $80 preorder price for the set. But I could be wrong, just going off some low rez pics. Are these even in the same line as the rest of the GG LOTR busts?

i have to agree they are quite unimpressive to say the least i have seen high res pics of these and they are not in the same league as the proper busts they are doing. They are only $30.00 though to preorder, nut i still think thats a bit high for them.

Back