Gentle Giant mini busts - are they good?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Morton

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have never bought or seen a gentle giant mini bust but I was wondering if they are any good? Good quality? good paint apps?

There are pre-orders for a bunch of marvel mini-busts like wolverine/red skull/hawkeye and I was wondering if they were worth it?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers.

You have to understand that for example the GG Star Wars mini-busts are 1:6 and not larger, not sure about Marvel since I don't collect comics. I have a few select SW mini-busts from GG, and they are really cool. I would never start a collection of just mini-busts, the ones I have are only completing my larger items display, but overall they are very nice. Even so, there are might be issues with some of the busts, so I recommend you'd better look for what bust you want to and search for some reviews first.

I initially didn't think anything of them until I saw one at my local comic shop. And then I was sold. They had 1 of the Black Widow mini bust in the display case and the black paint finish of her suit under the spotlight really wowed me. Bought it that day. Then came home and bought the Winter Stealth version online from Gentle Giant's website. They are 1/6 scale mini bust. At least both of mine are. I wished they made the full 1/6 figure. The paint finish is pretty darn good. Then after buying them, I found some posts on this forum that some members thought her face looked too "manly"? I thought she looked fine, but really couldn't stand the Bowen versions.

Gentle Giant's quality is generally very good - I've had few busts that have paint issues, and I've bought many GG busts over the years. I've only had a couple of the Marvel busts (Spider-Woman and Black Widow) but was really happy with the way they turned out.

I have the Indiana Jones busts and they are all pretty good. The paint and the sculpts are pretty close to being accurate. I have some of the Star Wars busts and they are great too. Especially the Aliens and Armored characters. I really like the New Hope Solo because of his grin too. Overall pretty nice high quality stuff.

they are very good imo........i have a few. they look so much better in person, i want to say the marvel ones are 1/6th too...but i could be wrong cause my GG Black cat mini bust is slightly larger than my Aayla secura mini bust......... the detail on them are amazing!

Company sucks product are okay while some are good. Wouldn't buy from them again personally.

I think GG makes excellent stuff. Its at the same level as SS. The Harry Potter Bust Line came out great. There's always a few hits and misses in a line. But alot of the GG hate comes from their exclusives. When people couldn't get them the *****ed and moaned. Like the people who missed out on Ironman.

I've found Gentle Giants products to be pretty good. It's no where near the paint app you get with Sideshow, but this is reflected in the price. I'm not into busts, and prefer getting statues so I'm only going on this.

I've collected many GG minibusts over the years and I've been more than happy with what they've released. The Potter line had many brilliant sculpts & paint apps. Wormtail, Mcgonagall, Dumbledore to name but a few. I never directly brought from GG due to shipping costs to the UK & I heard poor customer service.

10 years ago I would have given the highest possible recommendation for Gentle Giant products. How times have changed. This company is not customer friendly. Save yourself a boatload of headache and stay away from GG at this point.

Back