Statue Gentle Giant Gandalf The Grey Mini-Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem.
I hear ya. That and the Weta Hobbit version are better than this if you had to rank them. The wrinkles are subtle but they're there.

Is it also lacking in the detail and texture in the costume?

At least yours doesn't seem to have the bent sword we've seen in early photos?

Nah, I think the detail in the costume is pretty good.

Yeah, they fixed the sword compared what to was at comic-con.

I ordered mine.
See with al these forums,there are so many differt people.
What you think that great,someone else puts it down :(
Wait till it's there,or think for your self.
Now thanks to the Josh I have seen the pictures what it realy looks like :)

Congrats! The back and forth is fun most of the time but there are times when it loses the fun. Its about being respectful in how you approach something someone likes or dislikes.

This one I gotta admit surprised me...I like it...alot...but It does make gandalf appear younger looking would be my only criticism...Nice size too compared to the Dwarves and the box was big....worth the money IMHO...

Last edited:
Congrats! The back and forth is fun most of the time but there are times when it loses the fun. Its about being respectful in how you approach something someone likes or dislikes.

Absolutely wright.
Even when I'm looking at other forums,there are a lot of figures/karacters that look awfull,and not mine interrest.
But I would only look on the sculpt/quality.
But I will never put something down.
This is about sharing passion.
When some has worked real hard to buy something he likes,looking forward too,and than who has the right to put this down Just because he isn't interessted in this line.
You know what I mean....

Just received this Friday and have to say that for about $50.00 and free shipping it was totally worth it. I had the original GG Gandalf and Saruman busts from when they came out but sold them a few years back. I had always regretted selling Saruman and was lucky to pick up a brand new one for under $60.00 a couple weeks ago so I needed a Gandalf to balance the display. I considered reacquiring the original which had an amazing likeness, but prefer Gandalf with his hat & Glamdring drawn, so I took a gamble on The Hobbit AUJ version. The likeness is definitely not as good as the LOTR version but it's ok and I have it displayed in pretty dim lighting so it's not a big deal to me. One thing that is improved over the original though is the texturing on the cloak. Would recommend.

Over all I give it :duff:duff:duff:duff out of five.:lol

This one I gotta admit surprised me...I like it...alot...but It does make gandalf appear younger looking would be my only criticism...Nice size too compared to the Dwarves and the box was big....worth the money IMHO...

Just received this Friday and have to say that for about $50.00 and free shipping it was totally worth it. I had the original GG Gandalf and Saruman busts from when they came out but sold them a few years back. I had always regretted selling Saruman and was lucky to pick up a brand new one for under $60.00 a couple weeks ago so I needed a Gandalf to balance the display. I considered reacquiring the original which had an amazing likeness, but prefer Gandalf with his hat & Glamdring drawn, so I took a gamble on The Hobbit AUJ version. The likeness is definitely not as good as the LOTR version but it's ok and I have it displayed in pretty dim lighting so it's not a big deal to me. One thing that is improved over the original though is the texturing on the cloak. Would recommend.

Over all I give it :duff:duff:duff:duff out of five.:lol

told ya...well worth it for the price...not exactly a small bust either..heavy too...grats on the good grab at the price

Back