Statue Gentle Giant Gandalf The Grey Mini-Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit the SDCC photos of this were very nice compared to the latest shot...I still love my Thorin GG bust

Yeah, Thorin is awesome so I'm expecting the same here.

You mean with a bent sword and a Gandolf name plate? :lol

Thankfully the name card won't be an issue but the sword can be fixed easily enough if that was to happen.

This minibust is an easy pass, because it's completely terrible, which seems to be the way they're going lately. A pity, Gentle Giant used to be such a good company. Their Saruman minibust is still one of my favourite things in my collection.

I also really like my Saruman bust. I really hope that GG can get back to the good old days with their bust line, but the last couple years have been lackluster for me. Their Marvel line is looking pretty good, but it's hard to miss the mark on those when they're based off comics.

So far, we have Thorin - who looks good and Gollum and Gandalf - who both look pretty bad. One out of three is not a good start.

I didn't consider their Thorin good at all. I mean, the Weta Thorin statue was a bit off facially, and this GG bust even more so. Nowadays when it's been 10 years beyond the LOTR bust line, I have raised my expectations of what companies should be able to produce, in light of some of the fantastic sculpts I've seen during this period!

I didn't consider their Thorin good at all. I mean, the Weta Thorin statue was a bit off facially, and this GG bust even more so. Nowadays when it's been 10 years beyond the LOTR bust line, I have raised my expectations of what companies should be able to produce, in light of some of the fantastic sculpts I've seen during this period!

Couldn't agree more. I haven't been excited about a Gentle Giant product for over a year, until the concept sketches for their Thorin bust leaked online a while back. Then it was revealed, and meh. Terrible likeness, shoddy paint work. Definitely gone downhill.

Just got an email from GG that this is processing tomorrow. Gollum on his page is supposed to this week. I'm curious to see if they didn't have them listed incorrectly or if they're both going to ship.

Just saw the GG Bilbo Baggins bust. I hope it looks better in person than the photos I saw.

Got mine today. It's pretty cool. Detailing on it is solid and the likeness while not spot on is solid as well.

I will try to get some today or tomorrow.

Thanks,that would be great.
I have all the lotr bust,and sideshow maquette,now trying to collect all hobbit bust aswel.
Pre orderd the bilbo,and azor,goblin king with scribe.
Hoping that the will make bust of dwalin.

No problem. The stuff gg is doing is pretty nice. I like what I'm getting anyways. They did Dwaling already. He was last years ohm member item.

No problem. The stuff gg is doing is pretty nice. I like what I'm getting anyways. They did Dwaling already. He was last years ohm member item.

Yes you are wright,I mean Balin.
I got Dwalin :slap
I am PGM at GG.
I took Dwalin and Rebel fleet trooper.
If you now look on the fellowship extended version,you know how they are,when their talking about them as they walk through the mines.

A Balin bust would be awesome. Hopefully we will see him at comic-con next week. Yeah, these movies are adding more emotion to that moment.

The likeness is alright. Its not spot on but its not awful either. Yeah, I pretty much don't use it when I'm doing stuff that's going to end up on TORn.

Thanks Josh.
I'm now used to the sideshow maquette gandalf.
This one looks younger.
Thanks for sharing.

Back