Gentle Giant Clone Commander bust exclusives!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo said:
I was joking with you. :rotfl

GG is really planning to F-ck with us this year. Hasbro's stuff look really cool and I'm sure SSC will blow us away with a few things and there's only so much $. Oh hell I'll just sell my new born if I ever have a kid.

Oh :eek:

Yeah, I'm just gonna live in a shack for a while and eat ramen noodles.

Looks like I will be spending about $50 on Gentle Giant this year.

I think they might release one bust through retailers. Every other item coming out will be an exclusive that I probably won't be able to get.

Considering that Toy Fair is supposedly about revealing upcoming product to retailers that they will be selling this year, I'm a little confused about what retailers are supposed to do about the fact that 95% of these previews are for things they won't be allowed to sell.

tomandshell said:
Looks like I will be spending about $50 on Gentle Giant this year.

I think they might release one bust through retailers. Every other item coming out will be an exclusive that I probably won't be able to get.

Considering that Toy Fair is supposedly about revealing upcoming product to retailers that they will be selling this year, I'm a little confused about what retailers are supposed to do about the fact that 95% of these previews are for things they won't be allowed to sell.

This along with the AFX exclusive today has me scratching my head at what GG is thinking right now. It's so frustrating trying to be a completist with any of the bust lines.

Commander Bly--Exclusive
Commander Bacara--Exclusive
Commander Gree--Exclusive
Commander Cody--Exclusive
Commander Neyo--Exclusive
Darth Malak--Exclusive
Chewbacca with Mask--Exclusive
HP Merperson--Exclusive
Mace Windu Maquette--Exclusive
R2 & Yoda Maquette--Exclusive

I think things are getting out of hand. I don't mind missing some Star Wars busts, but those clones are something I really want. I have a complete set of the Potter busts and SW animated maquettes and want to keep them complete. The thought of what it's going to take to get all of these exclusives, considering how stressful and unreliable GG was last year, makes me just want to give up.

Yeah, GG is getting a tad out of hand with the exclusives. They're gonna really piss off their base and piss off those who have joined the Premire Club if they can't get some of these.

ok the UK and Japan ones are both retailer exclusives right? C4 and SDCC I have a chance at but the other ones:monkey4

I am devastated by this news. The ONE commander is was hoping to see Gentle Giant produce so I could pick one up was CODY. Now, here he comes (with a cool light-up holo-Sidious no less!) and they've made it an exclusive to a con that I (and alot of other people) can't get to instead of having him available through the normal outlets and so....unless I want to fork over big bucks on ebay, I can forget it.

I still haven't picked up the ShockTooper they had as an SDCC exclusive last year (the one clone from ROTS I really wanted) because of the scalper prices he goes for (around $100. or more). And here Gentle Giant is taking the most popular clone in ROTS and making him unattainable for most fans...

And getting the box set at the end of the year? They're kidding, right? Riiiggghhhtt...like those won't be snapped up by a lucky few for a fat price.
This is a sad day for bust collectors who don't haunt cons....here I was all set for some great announcements at Toy Fair and so far Hasbro looks like it's got some fun basic figures coming and Gentle Giant provides us with what turns out to be the ultimate "Lucy with the Football" moment....

This is not cool, Gentle Giant.....not cool.

(thanks gang...I just had to rant there...)

Here's hoping Sideshow doesn't have a kick in the teeth waiting among the announcements....and please Sideshow...when you produce a Cody...make him accessible to whomever wants to get him....

Whoa, pics are amazing. I don't usually go for so many variants, but this is cool. I may have to withdraw my "team up" suggestion. :lol Order day is going to be brutal. :eek:

I feel like these are far more than variants. Each has a unique head sculpt, costume elements and accessories. They did a lot more than just apply a different coat of paint like the ROTS clones. These are going to be well worth tracking down--I just hope that GG listened to all of the feedback from last year, and will be making changes to help the Guild members get their hands on these.

tomandshell said:
I feel like these are far more than variants. Each has a unique head sculpt, costume elements and accessories. They did a lot more than just apply a different coat of paint like the ROTS clones. These are going to be well worth tracking down--I just hope that GG listened to all of the feedback from last year, and will be making changes to help the Guild members get their hands on these.

God I hope so. The clones are my fave from ROTS and it's gonna suck having to go after these on ebay or whatever if I miss. Assuming the Guild isn't what GG said.

Damn these look awesome. Hopefully I can score a Cody at SDCC. The one I really want is Gree though.

Karma said:
They all have something unique & all freakin rock!!!!!
damm you GG

IMG_4559.JPG

IMG_4566.JPG
<br><br>ok am I the only one who thinks these look strangely familliar to the customs that were sold on Ebay?  do you guys think GG commissioned that sculptor to do these?<br>

they look great for sure

unfortunately (or fortunately) I sold all my busts for it is very difficult to collect this exclusives from Turkey. then we will see 6" busts selling for 500 $

sorry but pass for me. I am sure all international collectors feel the same way I do BTW

tomandshell said:

Agreed, I think that's why they are appealing to me. Normally, I'm happy with one color out of 4/5. Might really like most of these.

Got my Cody in today from a retailer that went to the sdcc convention.He was supposed to get 4 of them but he said GG was treating all the retailers there like sh**.He also said there were a few fights in the line while he and his employees were trying to get there exclusives and the peeps from GG told everyone that if they didn't calm down they were going to send everyone in line away and give the exclusives to other people.Well anyway here's some pics of my Cody.
DSC00450.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

Very nice!! Cody is awesome. :rock

IMG_2690.jpg

Wow,empressive most empressive.Your journey to the darkside is almost complete there Josh,all you need is bacara.I got gree coming in next week I dont think Im gonna get the rest of them though,to pricy for a bust.Im into the bigger items myself.

Yeah, just about there. I've got a Freak who is gonna be trying to get me Bacara otherwise I'll be going after the raffle or ebay pretty hard. This close I have to.

Yeah, just about there. I've got a Freak who is gonna be trying to get me Bacara otherwise I'll be going after the raffle or ebay pretty hard. This close I have to.

Yeah no sh**.I might get bacara if the price is right.What convention is he going to be at?

Back