Gentle Giant Boba Fett statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
I honestly just don't feel like dropping $160 on a statue when a better version is right around the corner.

I got mine for $135 shipped NIB. too bad GG didnt package it inside the styrofoam properly. The statue was moving around when I picked up the box.

How do you know a Sideshow Fett PF is near?

nash said:
I got mine for $135 shipped NIB. too bad GG didnt package it inside the styrofoam properly. The statue was moving around when I picked up the box.

How do you know a Sideshow Fett PF is near?

I don't, just wishful thinking.

I think everybody is just hoping so much that the PF will be announced soon that they've convinced themselves it's on the way. Even still, I'm probably going to pick up the GG statue as I think it looks really cool.

Brent72 said:
I think everybody is just hoping so much that the PF will be announced soon that they've convinced themselves it's on the way. Even still, I'm probably going to pick up the GG statue as I think it looks really cool.

I agree. I think a PF Boba would be amazing yet this statue from GG is much better then I expected and would be a shame to pass up for a PF that we might not see for a year or so.

My decision will be based on SDCC. If a Fett is announced then there's no way I'm going to get the GG version. If it's not, I'll think about it. Maybe one of our great dealers here will have a nice sale on it or something :rolleyes:

Darth Loki said:
My decision will be based on SDCC. If a Fett is announced then there's no way I'm going to get the GG version. If it's not, I'll think about it. Maybe one of our great dealers here will have a nice sale on it or something :rolleyes:

I picked it up because I am going the whole GG 1/6 line. I am also doing the SS PF line. In the 12" line from SS I am only doing the Jedi and Sith...gotta draw the line somewhere LOL.

KitFisto said:
I picked it up because I am going the whole GG 1/6 line. I am also doing the SS PF line. In the 12" line from SS I am only doing the Jedi and Sith...gotta draw the line somewhere LOL.

Way to have some restraints:lol

Darth Loki said:
Way to have some restraints:lol

Yeah, I know how to say no! I should clairify and say that in the "whole" GG line I am going to bypass some IF they get made like 4 different Luke's, 3 Han's and such. I won't do everyone that had 3 seconds of film in one movie either.

Darth Loki said:
So no Ice Cream Maker Guy?

No, but I did pre=order 2 royal guards so that when they do an Emperor I will have 2 guards for him :D

I like the Royal Guard, but I know that SS will do a 12" and it'll be a lot cheaper to get two of those. Plus they'll almost certainly be released after a version of the Emperor.

Darth Loki said:
I like the Royal Guard, but I know that SS will do a 12" and it'll be a lot cheaper to get two of those. Plus they'll almost certainly be released after a version of the Emperor.

You're probably right, but since I am only doing the Jedi/Sith line in 12" from SS I could not pass the GG guards up. I'd like to see them in PF, but lord knows if that will ever get done.

KitFisto said:
You're probably right, but since I am only doing the Jedi/Sith line in 12" from SS I could not pass the GG guards up. I'd like to see them in PF, but lord knows if that will ever get done.

I honestly don't know if I'd get them in PF, I mean you'd have to get two. I guess it'd depend on the Emperor they decide to do in PF.

Does Gentle Giant not test their product in the styrofoam before shipping these out?? They did a horrible job with the jet pack, mine came loose as I'm sure many others have also. Luckily it's an easy fix since you don't see the break. :monkey2

Still a nice piece though...

Silverbc3 said:
Does Gentle Giant not test their product in the styrofoam before shipping these out?? They did a horrible job with the jet pack, mine came loose as I'm sure many others have also. Luckily it's an easy fix since you don't see the break. :monkey2

Still a nice piece though...

Wow exact thing happened with mine! You could hear the whole statue moving around slightly inside of the foam. I already knew that wasnt a good sign. I just got some 2-part epoxy from Walmart, hopefully that should do the trick

Just got mine today and I agree with everyone else that this is a great statue and the pose doesn't detract from it at all once you see it in person. I'm sure it will lose a little bit of its' lustre when the Sideshow PF statue is revealed, but for now this is a welcome piece in my collection. :cool:

i liked the boba statue, but im on the fence about collecting the GG line. right now i have Vader,Maul, and Chewie. after settting the vader next to my sideshow vader its like night and day.

hairlesswookiee said:
i liked the boba statue, but im on the fence about collecting the GG line. right now i have Vader,Maul, and Chewie. after settting the vader next to my sideshow vader its like night and day.

Yeah, It is night and day. I am keeping up with the GG line right now as I do like it. I just look at them as a different format and like them for what they are. They go on a different shelf than my SS PF's so there is no glaring difference when looking at the GG's together and the SS's together. I may change my mind one day as more and more PF's come out and sell the GG line, but for now I am pretty happy with them and will keep up with the line.

Back