Gentle Giant Boba Fett statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sure my Boba-Fett had arrived early this evening -- but it was just a door-to-door insurance salesman. It seems he was nice enough to take out some trash we had left in a bag on the porch when he left though. :eek: :D

Darth Loki said:
I too was very disapointed at how Lucas bitched him out in ROTS but he's great in the Clone Wars and I think he's going to be a main character in the new third volume of Clone Wars that supposed to begin next year.

It's not a third volume. The new series will look nothing like the old one.

My Boba Fett is finally in. I just have to go pick him up today or tomorrow.

This time the doorbell was my friendly neighborhood ups man.

Boba Fett is spectacular. I continue to be super impressed with GG's work on this line. They are a good match in quality for the LOTR Sideshow/Weta pieces IMO, which is saying a lot. Those being the original "core" of my collection also makes me a bit partial to the 1/6 fully sculpted format.

Especially nice on this piece are the weathering & grime effects. Detail and texture of the sculpted fabric, etc. is very tight. The deep reflective black paint on the visor looks great against the matte/semi-glosses used elsewhere.

Thumbs UP! :D

spaceman said:
This time the doorbell was my friendly neighborhood ups man.

Boba Fett is spectacular. I continue to be super impressed with GG's work on this line. They are a good match in quality for the LOTR Sideshow/Weta pieces IMO, which is saying a lot. Those being the original "core" of my collection also makes me a bit partial to the 1/6 fully sculpted format.

Especially nice on this piece are the weathering & grime effects. Detail and texture of the sculpted fabric, etc. is very tight. The deep reflective black paint on the visor looks great against the matte/semi-glosses used elsewhere.

Thumbs UP! :D

Congrats! Can you post some pics please? Thanks! :monkey5

DarthRamuk said:
Congrats! Can you post some pics please? Thanks! :monkey5

Thanks ... and sure :cool:

boba1.jpg

boba2.jpg

boba3.jpg

BTW, I thought the "drop 'em and cough" jokes were as fun as anyone else did, but the pose doesn't bother me at all in person. It fits just fine. I think anyone who picks this one up will enjoy it. It came out as nice as Maul, at least (which is also saying a lot). :)

PS .. The rocket pack is also nice. I've got him on a high shelf and took the pictures in place - so no shots from the other direction.

Wow.....Looks nice. If I was not so tapped already, I would have tried to pick this one up... GG keeps getting better and better with these... I can't wait to see how the Rancor comes out! :monkey5

DarthRamuk said:
Thanks spaceman for pics! :monkey5 Convinced me enuf to get my own GG Boba! :chew

Cool :D

Glad to see uniform high quality production carried through in your item AZ. :chew

Hey guys, could someone take a close up pic of boba's jet-pack from above?

I received my boba statue today, however the jet pack is definitely too loose to stay on his back, and I think it is probably broken?

Is his jetpack supposed to be removable or stuck on there? Im thinking about just supergluing it back on, but i need some pics to see if mine will go on straight the way it is supposed to.

If I do just glue it on, what type of glue should i use?

thanks.

-chad

4-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

Last edited:
The Jet pack is not removable, if I was you I would return it but if by some chance you can't do that I think superglue would work just fine.

The jet pack is not removable as mentioned above. This is one that you could get away with gluing it as the seams are more hidden.

Speaking of the Int'l Maul, do you have any idea where I might be able to pick one of those up here in the US? I've seen a couple in the UK on eBay, but I'd hate to have something like that shipped overseas. If I can find one for sale here in the states I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
Not sure if the shipping's gonna be any better from here in New Zealand, but I have these in the shop at the moment. Email me direct if you're interested and I'll give you a quote. Can't wait for the Boba to arrive over here, due in about 2 weeks!

I picked up my Boba on Saturday. I really like it. I wasn't sure how much I would like it, but I am pretty impressed with the work put into it. Goes very nice on the shelf with my other GG Star Wars statues.

I WILL NOT be tempted to get this! I know it's great looking and I know I'd like it but SS's will be announced soon, I hope.

Darth Loki said:
I WILL NOT be tempted to get this! I know it's great looking and I know I'd like it but SS's will be announced soon, I hope.

lol, but what if its just for the 12" fett?? besides you can always do what i do-- keep the Gentle Giant statue on the shelf until the sideshow version comes out then just but the Gentle Giant in storage for a while until you get a bigger room.

hairlesswookiee said:
lol, but what if its just for the 12" fett?? besides you can always do what i do-- keep the Gentle Giant statue on the shelf until the sideshow version comes out then just but the Gentle Giant in storage for a while until you get a bigger room.

I honestly just don't feel like dropping $160 on a statue when a better version is right around the corner.

Back