Gentle Giant Blackhole Stormtrooper bust PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now how is a black stormtrooper different from a chrome Han Solo blaster? We're criticizing the MR exclusive in another thread, but isn't the black stormtrooper just another color variant of something not seen in the movies?

Or if it's EU, then couldn't Han's chrome blaster also be EU?:maul

If there would be an understanding between collectors "not to show any interest to this stupid exclusives", than I believe than marketing strategies would change dramatically.

I only buy this crappy stuff. such as 0.45 scales, gold versions...etc. for selling to other people to make money. (Altough blackhole stormtrooper looks cool)

the reason I am buying statues, busts etc is that I love movies and comics and love to see them on my table shelves office desk..etc.

I also do not understand the reason of the bronze statues. What good is a bronze vader or conan? they did not fall to a liquid bronze pit in the movies or comics right? :D

According to the new GG Blog, it will probably be released after Wizard World Philadelphia which is the first weekend in June. At least we now know when we can be let down. :lol

Batty said:
According to the new GG Blog, it will probably be released after Wizard World Philadelphia which is the first weekend in June. At least we now know when we can be let down. :lol

Some rest time is good.

Darklord Dave said:
Now how is a black stormtrooper different from a chrome Han Solo blaster? We're criticizing the MR exclusive in another thread, but isn't the black stormtrooper just another color variant of something not seen in the movies?

Or if it's EU, then couldn't Han's chrome blaster also be EU?:maul

I agree, esp since it is the same sculpt. Not to mention the myriad of C3PO's out there. :rolleyes:

A chrome blaster is less meaningful if Han Solo never actually fired a chrome one in the movies, books, comics, games, etc. I think that this is seen as a new character (EU of course) and not just a repaint. The different clones coming this fall are all the same basic sculpt, but the paint jobs make them different characters.

Some people are viewing the chrome 3PO as the only TC-14 they're ever gonna get. The Blackhole Trooper also has a different and unique weapon, I believe, which also sets it apart.

I know it's not the same but I bet you can buy a regular Stormtrooper Bust and have a really good painter paint it up to look the same for a fraction of the cost. :wave

I only say that because I really want one but sure ain't going to spend $500+ on it. FYI, there's a bunch listed on eBay right now for $500 BIN.

Fritz said:
I know it's not the same but I bet you can buy a regular Stormtrooper Bust and have a really good painter paint it up to look the same for a fraction of the cost. :wave

Exactly why I just bought myself another Stormy Bust. :chew

Back