Gentle Giant - Avatar Neytiri Mini Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXJonoXx

Freakzoid
Reaction score
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/80036.htm

Hey guys, I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread for this particular bust. I haven't heard anything at all about the release date or any info about this piece since earlier this year. Is it still planned to be produced? If so, what's the ship date approximate?

I've been looking forward to seeing this piece in my collection since I learned about it in 2010, and I am sad to not hear about any info as of late about it!

Looks good. Other then the body paint, GG did a pretty good job on transferring the likeness, consider the size.

Aye, hoping under natural lighting the paint looks a bit better. I think it is the most accurate portrait we have seen on a product yet though. It is the first of the three pieces that is at least pretty.
Prettiest anyway :)

This is what I just can't understand.
GG's own comments on those photos admit the lighting is making it look pale. Why even post photos that do not show your product in the best possible light?
These are the photos we use to base our purchasing decisions on. All it does is turn people away.

This isn't just GG, Sideshow is very guilty of this as well.

This is what I just can't understand.
GG's own comments on those photos admit the lighting is making it look pale. Why even post photos that do not show your product in the best possible light?
These are the photos we use to base our purchasing decisions on. All it does is turn people away.

This isn't just GG, Sideshow is very guilty of this as well.

We asked Greg if he would snap a few pics of the production pieces for us over on the SF site and he was nice enough to follow through. i think they were done on the quick so i cant complain to much, but agree that natural lighting would have been nice though

My point is these photos are open for everyone to view, critique and inevitibly decide whether it's worth their money.
I would have assumed any kind of public reveal via official channels would have to be vetted to ensure the company's product is shown in the most flattering manner.

My point is these photos are open for everyone to view, critique and inevitibly decide whether it's worth their money.
I would have assumed any kind of public reveal via official channels would have to be vetted to ensure the company's product is shown in the most flattering manner.

You would think so. :dunno

The oddest thing here is not the shade of the blue.

It's the fact that the arm holding the arrow is too far up compared to the one seen in the box. The arm now blocks her face.

Does anyone have in-hand pictures of the Neytiri Statue? I'm very interested since it has been released,but I am worried about the quality of the bust before I order. Bad paint/bad likeness are my worst turn offs for a piece. I wanna see how this looks in a buyers hands.

A little off-topic, but the Jake bust's been cancelled.

"Dear customer,

Thank you for ordering from La Cité des Nuages. Unfortunately, Avatar Film Jake Sully buste which you
ordered, has been cancelled by the manufacturer. From time to time
manufacturers cancel items for a variety of reasons. No additional
information was given as to why this item was cancelled, however.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The order you placed for this item has been cancelled
in our system. "

Back