Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics, Scorpion, Congrats! :duff

One question; Do your pistols fit in the holsters completely?

Thanks, Darth.
Quick answer: not really. :) More precisely: first time that I tried, none of them was fitting. After reading about many disasters happening to people when trying to fit them by force I became chicken and decided to leave them on the base (it also makes a nice display). The following day I tried with the one on the standing leg (not so nice empty) and this time it was fitting although not completely without applying extra force (and I am not for it...). Thus I have left that one almost-fitted and the another one lying on the upper cube. It makes a nice display and it does not risk figure's integrity (and my heart). There is always the option used by some people of using a hair-dryer. Apparently it works very nicely after applying heat for just a few seconds. By the way, do you find same difficulties with the holsters?

Thanks, Darth.
Quick answer: not really. :) More precisely: first time that I tried, none of them was fitting. After reading about many disasters happening to people when trying to fit them by force I became chicken and decided to leave them on the base (it also makes a nice display). The following day I tried with the one on the standing leg (not so nice empty) and this time it was fitting although not completely without applying extra force (and I am not for it...). Thus I have left that one almost-fitted and the another one lying on the upper cube. It makes a nice display and it does not risk figure's integrity (and my heart). There is always the option used by some people of using a hair-dryer. Apparently it works very nicely after applying heat for just a few seconds. By the way, do you find same difficulties with the holsters?

At first I did but when I switched the pistols and placed them in the opposite holsters I was trying to place them in the first place; they fit. :huh

I really lucked out on my statue.

015_zps1edad275.jpg

You are right about the pistols being placed on the base looking good. They look as if BW was ready for action. :rock

At first I did but when I switched the pistols and placed them in the opposite holsters I was trying to place them in the first place; they fit. :huh

I really lucked out on my statue.

015_zps1edad275.jpg

You are right about the pistols being placed on the base looking good. They look as if BW was ready for action. :rock

Yep! It is a very nice display! I like very much the framed picture (Campbell's as far as I can read on it. Original signature?).

Nice display Snoopy.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to displaying BW with SSC Cap WS PF! :duff

Yep! It is a very nice display! I like very much the framed picture (Campbell's as far as I can read on it. Original signature?).

Thanks and yes it's an original JSC print & signature, a fellow Freak picked up the print for me at SDCC a few years ago! :yess: :duff

been thinking about selling mine, not so much so that i would resort to evil bay though. i really enjoy it, just doesn't fit with the way my collection is going these days.

I picked up the Captain America piece for surprisingly cheap on eBay and now I'm wondering if I'm going to be compelled to hunt this down.

Congrats on the Cap score dude. If you have the patience to give him up to a pro for a little while longer, then I recommend having his portrait touched up. No matter what, it'll be an improvement over the original face. It still amazes me how Gentle Giant gets their paint applications so crisp and clean, even in the tightest & smallest of spaces where you would think it's the most difficult to do. Look at the paint app on the inside of the left arm and shield, the belt pouches, rivets, buttons, clasps, buckles, lines, and some other small/tight places. Not an ounce of sloppiness. It's even hard for Iron Studios to get paint apps this difficult on their Cap. Can you imagine Sideshow's? I'm very curious to see how good theirs looks in places like this when it finally gets released. Congrats again. I wish I had their BW masterpiece.

I'm considering trying to touch up the face myself. I've never done anything more than the most basic paint repair on a statue, but like you said, the factory paint on the face is so simplistic that practically anything would be an improvement. The price I paid is low enough that I'm comfortable taking that risk.

That being said, if anyone has any recommendations for what type/color of paint to use, I'd be happy to hear them.

Good luck man. The face touch up is really the only thing this one needs. I wish I could help you with paint choices, but maybe a pro painter will see this and shoot you a PM on what to use. I saw a few BW portraits touched up, but I really don't think that one needed anything at all. She's perfect out of the box.

I have a small problem with my BW statue. My 2 acrylic cubes got separated from each other during shipping. Does anyone have any tips how (and with what) i should glue them back together? Whatever glue they used, i could peel it right of.

I have a small problem with my BW statue. My 2 acrylic cubes got separated from each other during shipping. Does anyone have any tips how (and with what) i should glue them back together? Whatever glue they used, i could peel it right of.

I don't know exactly what you can use, but I'm sure there is a specific acrylic glue around to fix that problem.

From memory I remember a few collectors having that same exact issue.

That sucks to hear.

A friend used an ultraviolet glue pen that worked well on his Avatar Neytiri statue when it broke and you can hardly see the glue unless you look real hard.

I'm not sure how it would look on the clear cubes though.

thnx for the feedback! i think i'll buy some different types of glue and acrylic pieces to go trough a trial and error process without damaging the original cubes

That sucks to hear.

A friend used an ultraviolet glue pen that worked well on his Avatar Neytiri statue when it broke and you can hardly see the glue unless you look real hard.

I'm not sure how it would look on the clear cubes though.

Acrylic isn't glued in a conventional way, it is bonded. There is a chemical that re-activates the two surfaces making contact and allows them to become a single piece. If it's done wrong it will seriously hurt the appearance of your base.

See if there is a plastics wholesaler in Belguim. They will have experience in working with acrylic.

But, if all else fails, use the right stuff - Weld On. Don't reach for the crazy glue. This guy does a decent overview.

Last edited:
Back