Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how does the quality of these Gentle Giant statues compare to the quality of Sideshow's Premium Format statues?

So they're pretty similar in quality, then? Trying to decide which I want to invest in more.

This Black Widow does look so gorgeous, and I just saw the pictures of their Cap statue. Wish they were doing Winter Soldier as well.

Because of that booty? :hi5:

:naughty :yess:

Their communication is the worst.

Absolutely. :lecture

I can't remember how many times their customer service reps contradicted themselves. The right hand had no idea what the left hand was doing.

So they're pretty similar in quality, then? Trying to decide which I want to invest in more.

This Black Widow does look so gorgeous, and I just saw the pictures of their Cap statue. Wish they were doing Winter Soldier as well.

I would have to say that the quality was better in nearly every case.

Depends on quality, I mean Queen of the Dead has one nice booty, may trump Black Widow in this one :lecture

Although the reality of it is that I want this one just plainly for Scar Jo. I think the SS BW of Scar Jo was terrible :yuck

In seriousness, this will be one hell of a statue, and after seeing TWS again I can't wait! :rock:rock

If you ignored such things a blown time tables and costs and are just talking about pure quality of statue, then I would list them this way for Quality

1) Gentle Giant : If you have seen their Sucker Punch line or Honey Trap line they are defiantly top dawg when it comes to quality IMO
2) XM : XM creates some really great statues and has high quality control on their paint apps, their only weakness IMO was their portraits but with Eric on board now this has been improving ALOT.
3) Bowen : If you want a statue that looks like it jumped straight out of the comic books look no further, they also have great paint apps.
4) SS : SS can hit home runs but they also hit a lot of foul balls.

Sweet! So she is finally on her way. I've got her on PO from a UK retailer. I guess that it will be some additional months before I get her, right?

I ordered from BBTS...anyone know how long it takes to ship once GG starts shipping theirs out?

Seems like forever...

sandlot-forever-o.gif
:lol

Seriously though, the last time I went with a Gentle Giant statue from BBTS was with the Babydoll 18" statue and it was a little over a month before I got mine. But that may have changed. :huh

Back