Gentle Giant 12" Batman: The Animated Series jumbo figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grange Wallis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just announced on Twitter!

image.jpg

Can't help but wonder if this will steal some of the money away for the DC Collectibles line. I'll definitely get a few of these.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'm 100% certain that the ones in those pics are not actually the Jumbo versions. That is a Kenner 5" Combat Belt Batman and Robin in that advertisement. It wouldn't surprise me if Gentle Giant ripped those off google images.

If these follow suit with the Star Wars and upcoming Secret Wars figures they'll be around $80 for the most of them. I might be up for Batman but there isn't as much nostalgia with these as with Star Wars and Secret Wars, so it'll really depend on look.

Oh dang, these are probably going to be the first Gentle Giant 12" figures that I buy.

Combat Belt Batman is such a fantastic figure that I will probably have to buy this. I absolutely hate the price of $80-$100 though. However, I still think this sculpt is better than the new DCC version.

I wonder how far off we are from seeing The Real Ghostbusters in this format. Those sculpts were way ahead of their time. Hmmm ...

Curse you Gentle Giant! I'm in this for Batman and the Joker at least.

I think these are kind of cool. It's sort of like a "retro"active 2-up of classic toys. What kind of packaging do these things generally come in?

Generally, its a redux of the original cardback, but resealable... I'll get a couple for sure!

Ah, that's what I was wondering. For what they charge, they ought to be collector friendly. It's be kind of neat to have a 1/6th TAS Batman to go along with all of the other versions. He'd certainly stick out, but it's still be cool to have a representation of him.

Yeah, I'm excited about these ones as they're actually the figures I had as a kid unlike the Star Wars one. But the Superman from the Super Powers line is a must have!

Basically, yes.

The part that irks me is that there is almost no research and development that goes into making these. They scan the figure, make a 3D model. Make a mold off the model, factory paint and done! No time for sculpting involved, yet they can get away with charging $80+ per figure.

Back