General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

I think LeBron can still play at a high level so long as he's still dedicated and evolves...the athleticism is usually the first thing to go and at some point you have to develop your game and use your mind more than the body...

That's how Jordan stayed so dominant as he got older and even how he was still pretty damn good with the Wizards (for a 40 year old).

That's how Jordan stayed so dominant as he got older and even how he was still pretty damn good with the Wizards (for a 40 year old).

^^ Yep I remember two key moments for Jordan's evolution. The year he came back or maybe it was 93 but he was CUT. He was like Durant before, not as skinny, but very thin then he came back after the summer and you could tell he hit the gym HARD.

Then he developed his fade away and was unstoppable. It's all about evolution and adaptability...

^^ Yep I remember two key moments for Jordan's evolution. The year he came back or maybe it was 93 but he was CUT. He was like Durant before, not as skinny, but very thin then he came back after the summer and you could tell he hit the gym HARD.

Then he developed his fade away and was unstoppable. It's all about evolution and adaptability...

The fadeaway and the midrange game from the post becomes essential as you get older. Jordan and Kobe made that their bread and butter and perfected it to stay effective. Lebron still needs to work on that but I think he certainly seems to have the dedication to improve that as he gets older. It will be interesting to see how his game evolves as he gets older and not as effective at attacking the rim.

He was fairly thing but cut going coming out of the 92-93 season but started to hit the gym really hard going into the 93-94 season. Once he came back from baseball you could tell he knew he had to since he would be posting up more with that fadeaway.

Whats all this red carpet to the Finals talk for the Heat????

Knicks are not to be counted out, I dont give a crap if their c grade team is beating teams that are mailing it in. If we can low down LBJ, we have a shot. (Watch the Knocks bow out in the first round)

My point is healthy Parker is a top tier point guard....I won't count Rose since he hasn't played all year, so really it's down to Paul and Parker being the top two point guards, I've heard arguments for both. Westbrick isn't up there, he just isn't. If the Spurs traded Parker for Westbrick the Thunder would be so much better and the Spurs would be so much worse. Also Duncan is playing out of his mind this year. The difference between you and I is I give other players Credit, Kobe is too, Kobe and Duncan are both having amazing seasons considering their age, actually for anyone of any age they are. Why they are the top 2 players of 2000-2010 era.

Yep I agree Top2 of the era, but I know your #1 is different than mine :lol Btw I just saw this short video on ESPN who is better: Kobe or Duncan?

https://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9158948

I think a legit case could be made for either one honestly. It's hard to compare them because not only are their styles different they play different positions.

Jordan had great teams and Phil Jackson.. remember when he left I think they won two games less than the previous seasons.. you take LeBron or Kobe off these teams and they suck *****.

Jordan had great teams and Phil Jackson.. remember when he left I think they won two games less than the previous seasons.. you take LeBron or Kobe off these teams and they suck *****.

Toni Kukoc led the way....

Thanks to the MJ hiatus, Knicks got so close and then John Starks tried to play hero

Goof is correct...

TIEBREAKER BASIS
(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(3) Conference won-lost percentage << this is the tiebreaker Spurs have 16 losses vs. okc 13 losses
(4) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(6) Net Points, all games

Back