General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Don't know how old that statistic is, but I demand some updates as of today :lol

Statistic could be deceiving though, no doubt Kobe has more will power to take last shot more than Lebron, he has more clutch gene than Lebron, Lebron has beter statistic because he just took less shots due to most of the times he was not brave enough to take the shots. He is getting better though since last season, he seems to gain his confident more but still not the same level as Kobe.

Also clutch does not always mean less than 24 seconds, two of the shots that Kobe took last night in the video above were happened before the last 24 seconds, are you telling me those are not clutch shots?

Look at the reaction :lol

2guxq2a.jpg

Don't know how old that statistic is, but I demand some updates as of today :lol

Statistic could be deceiving though, no doubt Kobe has more will power to take last shot more than Lebron, he has more clutch gene than Lebron, Lebron has beter statistic because he just took less shots due to most of the times he was not brave enough to take the shots. He is getting better though since last season, he seems to gain his confident more but still not the same level as Kobe.

Also clutch does not always mean less than 24 seconds, two of the shots that Kobe took last night in the video above were happened before the last 24 seconds, are you telling me those are not clutch shots?

By all means, here is a wonderful website that you can play with the variables to find out who is more clutch, but I doubt the numbers change all that much regardless how much time is left on the clock:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi

That graphic was from last season btw...

But contrary to misinformed belief, Kobe is not more clutch than LeBron and this is coming from someone as anti-LeBron as they come...

But contrary to misinformed belief, Kobe is not more clutch than LeBron and this is coming from someone as anti-LeBron as they come...
NBA.com said:
October 22, 2012

The 11th annual NBA.com GM Survey signifies the dawn of a new era. According to the league’s general managers, Kobe Bryant is no longer Mr. Clutch.

For 10 years, when GMs were asked which player should be taking the shot with a game on the line, Bryant received the most votes. This year, he did not.

Kevin Durant is the new Mr. Clutch in the eyes of the league’s GMs. Durant received 46.7 percent of the vote on that question this year, ahead of Bryant’s 40.0 percent.

Last season, Bryant and Durant were nearly identical in the clutch. Durant shot 47-for-120 (39.2 percent) in clutch time*, while Bryant shot 44-for-122 (36.1 percent). Durant was better from 3-point range, but Bryant got to the free-throw line more often. Amazingly, Bryant (51-for-127) and Durant (54-for-133) were nearly identical in clutch time the season before as well.

*Clutch time = Last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime, with a score differential of five points or less.

If you go by true shooting percentage, the most clutch players over the last three years (minimum 100 FGA) have been Chauncey Billups (because he gets to the line so often), Jason Terry, Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili and … get ready for it … LeBron James.

Among the 79 players who have attempted at least 100 shots in clutch time over the last three years, Durant ranks 34th in true shooting percentage, while Bryant ranks 38th.
clear.gif

Kobe has been "Mr Clutch" for a decade. That's saying something.

He won't, he wants another ring. He is far away from done. It's crazy how his body can still react, it seems he gets better with age.

I don't care what everyone says he is playing like he deserves in Top5 greatest players of all time. Duncan is a great player, but can he still play as good as Kobe now? Heck no.

Lebron and Duran may be the Top 2 players right now, but can they compete in high level and play as good as Kobe in their 17th season? I highly doubt it.

Kobe is more clutch than Lebron.

Duncan is older then Kobe and his game was never about scoring fade away 3 pointers. His game is and always was about All cake and No icing. Duncan has been playing amazing this season but unless you actually watch Spurs games you probably don't know that. Either way, not taking anything away from Kobe, he was clutch like crazy last night and really does have this team on his back. It's gonna be interesting to see where this goes.

Duncan is older then Kobe and his game was never about scoring fade away 3 pointers. His game is and always was about All cake and No icing. Duncan has been playing amazing this season but unless you actually watch Spurs games you probably don't know that. Either way, not taking anything away from Kobe, he was clutch like crazy last night and really does have this team on his back. It's gonna be interesting to see where this goes.

Mark my words, Kobe is gonna be worn out by the end of season. IF they make the playoffs, he's gonna be gassed. Classic example of the tortoise (Duncan) and the hare (Kobe).

17 in a row for the Heat. Big game tomorrow against Indiana. It's the only team we haven't beaten this season.

How crappy it must feel to be a knicks fan. They are just playing worse and worse as the season progresses. I don't think Melo is championship material.

By all means, here is a wonderful website that you can play with the variables to find out who is more clutch, but I doubt the numbers change all that much regardless how much time is left on the clock:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi

That graphic was from last season btw...

But that is also coming from probably the biggest Kobe hater in this forum who said Paul Gasol was the better player than Kobe during Lakers' last 2 championship years :slap:rotfl

Look statistic is only one element not everything, there are many other elements to take as consideration to determine whether a player is clutch or not. Like I said Lebron has a better stat because he took less shots, many times he passed the ball during a crunch time, there is a reason some people call him Lechoke or a frozen one.

If you only focus on stats either the Big O or Wilt should be the greatest players of all time, but majority of people who understand basketball agree MJ is the GOAT. Even MJ himself said he would take Kobe over Lebron.

Last edited:
Back